Owned & Operated Merchandise CoordinatorApply NowApply Later Job ID 878340BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 28, 2021
From toys to apparel, books to games, and much more, Disney Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP) brings our company’s products, through stories and characters, to markets worldwide. With a portfolio of renowned franchises including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, 20CS and National Geographic, our efforts to deliver innovative and experiential products, designed to entertain and inspire, is industry leading and category shaping.
As an Owned & Operated Merchandising Coordinator, you will support categories or entire teams, assist with the range plan, and coordinate the timeline and work flow across their assigned areas to drive a quarterly multi-channel product strategy, product line strategy, and assortment curation for global channels of distribution
This posting is a talent pool for upcoming roles within Consumer Products, Games & Publishing and reports to a Merchandising Manager or Associate Merchandising Manager.
Manage the day to day activities in developing an assortment strategy by category across brands and curate a global line that meets the financial goals for all channels of distribution
- Assist in managing the merchandising strategy and assortment curation, enabling one global line
- Assist with updates and maintenance of the Brand Range Plan
- Prepare and maintain catalog of merchandise by quarter (photobooks)
- Attend cross functional team meetings to assist with the input/output of communication
- Provide support for key milestone meetings with the development of presentation decks, briefs, recaps, and assembling input from key partners*
- Assist with seasonal product flow strategy that supports company content calendar including: film, TV, synergy, attractions, entertainment, anniversaries, historical needs, and addresses regional holiday/seasonal selling patterns
- Develop effective partnerships across TWDC, in particular with the key partners*
Merchandising Strategies and Collaboration for Parks specific activations:
Assist the O&O Merchandising Manager in building product strategies that are designed for a fully immersive space through well-executed activations that maximize capture within the attraction while building equity and desire for future interaction with products in our unique specialty retail environment.
- Assist in managing category/collection/item level product brief that supports the immersive experiences
- Communicate with key partner* teams on global assortment plans and provide consistent and timely updates
- Deliver all item set up information within designated global systems across vertical channels
- Assist in developing category level global merchandising strategic landscape ensuring quarterly and annual growth targets are achieved
- Coordinate samples among key partners* and room set ups for product showcases
- Assist with various merchandising team projects as required
- Experience in product merchandising, specialty retail & product assortment strategy desired
- Demonstrated passion for brand retail, including consumer and product trends
- Exceptional teamwork skills, ability to build relationships and with internal and external partners
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects
- Strategic thinker with the ability to drive execution against a plan
- High level attention to detail, proactive, with strong follow through skills
- Demonstrated personal initiative skills in the workplace, with willingness to learn new skills and processes
- Flexible and adaptable with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated positive attitude with the ability to be responsive to feedback and pivot based on changing organization priorities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand key merchandise metrics and business drivers
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Exceptional analytical and math skills
Additional Information:Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits. Keyword: CPGPJobs
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.