Owned & Operated Merchandising ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 804985BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 09, 2021
Responsibilities:Under the leadership of the Sr Mgr, O&O Merchandising , assist with the stratification of O&O messaging and commercialization. Ensure messaging positioning for all brand pillars to ensure amplification of O&O merchandise priorities within social media. Further assist the Sr Mgr, O&O Merchandising in these areas:
- Contribute to Parks weekly business reviews conversations on how marketing/messaging has impacted the business. Communicate upcoming marketing strategies to Parks team.
- Continue stratification of messaging for the Walt Disney World 50th anniversary.
- Lead the bi-weekly O&O Merchandise Marketing Communications meeting that ensures messaging alignment among multiple partners such as global pr, site marketing, cpgp and shopDisney marketing and synergy. Identify opportunities and white space.
- Identify and communicate O&O Merchandise big bets and marketing beats to marketing, commercialization partners.
- Partner with O&O merchandising teams to identify key category initiatives that need marketing beats to drive revenue
- Partner with marketing teams to launch new product lines and co-brands to ensure guest is aware of the ever-evolving merchandise landscape.
- Ensure seasonal product opportunities are heightened to ensure product sell-through is optimized during current season to avoid inventory liability.
- Work with site marketing teams to propose product with long weeks of supply that may need an additional marketing push.
- Ensure weekly social media recap is compiled and distributed.
- Assume responsibility and accuracy of the sample tracker to ensure all partners have prioritized product for photoshoots, influencers, product unboxing, media events and tik toks.
- Review photos, copy, retails, etc on any proposed marketing, social posts to ensure merchandise representation is accurate
- Knowledge on the competitive environment - actively explore opportunities to differentiate product positioning and product prioritization.
- Ensure clearance of cross-category program names for marketing purposes.
- Development of effective partnerships across TWDC.
- 1+ years of experience in Product Merchandising, specialty retail & product assortment strategy
- Experience in Merchandising for vertical specialty retail environment
- Ability to identify market trends and consumer zeitgeist to maximize value creation throughout the trend cycle
- Ability to uphold and maintain brand integrity
- Working knowledge of the omni-channel marketplace globally
- Strategic thinker with the ability to drive execution against a financial plan
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence a diverse audience including internal and external partners
- Collaborative and effective management style
- Strong Team Player – The ability to build & foster collaborative partnerships across functions & departments within The Walt Disney Corporation
- Developed Communication Skills
- Ability to think creatively and disruptively to bring and infuse new ideas to the business
- Ability to adapt to the organizational and cultural change efforts needed to ensure new, innovative concepts, business practices, and technologies are fully adopted and integrated into the business
- Ability to write marketing copy for merchandise products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Merchandising, Business, Retail Management or related fields
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.