ParamedicApply NowApply Later Job ID 972705BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 05, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
We assist our Guests when they have the unexpected happen. We help our guests with medical needs or help them get to additional care. We help them restore the Magic of their vacation.
Our Guest First Aid locations are Guest focused, fast-paced, and have multiple ways to meet the Guest’s needs. If you have a passion for Guest Services, helping people with energy, talent, and a desire to join an amazing team, please apply today!
You will report to the Guest Services Manager.
We proudly and happily welcome veterans of the US armed forces.
As an experienced Paramedic, most of your responsibilities will be familiar to you - making initial contact with people who have a need, listening, thinking of solutions, providing first aid solutions, performing vital signs, and elevating advanced care to a Registered Nurse. There will also be supporting clinical and administrative tasks, such as – collaborating with the nurse for minor and urgent care treatment, assisting with arrangements for transport, assisting Guests with storage of medications and medical equipment, completing checklists, stocking, and inventorying medical supplies and equipment, while maintaining a clean work environment. You will make sure the highest standards of quality and confidentiality are met at all times and will be as precise with your documentation as you are with your hands-on patient work.
You will join a team that works while others play. Keeping Guests safe is something we are very proud to do. You will have to work on weekends and holidays, but you will also have days off where you can play also.
On any given day, you might:
• Welcome our Guests with a positive, friendly, helpful attitude who present with a medical question or need.
• Perform and provide intervention and first aid services within your scope of practice as a Paramedic
• Work collaboratively with Registered Nurses to escalate assessments and support treatment plans for Guests needing additional care
• Administer Basic Life Support (including use of AED) when indicated
• Assist with the arrangements for Guests
• Complete daily checklist, maintain and stock treatment areas, perform inventory and ordering supply tasks
• Maintain a clean work area and follow disinfecting protocols
• Communicate effectively with Registered Nurse colleagues and other Partners
• Uphold the Walt Disney Company's standards of business conduct
• Document and maintain accurate, detailed records related to interactions and treatment provided
• Quality check work daily to catch any errors or omissions
• Enjoy the perks of being a Disney Cast Member!
Basic Qualifications:Here is what you need to be successful in the job:
• 3+ years of experience as a Paramedic
• Current BLS Certification
• State of Florida Paramedic Certification
• Compassionate, genuine bedside manner and a deep desire to give the best possible care and Guest service
• Physical stamina to stand for long periods of time, walk, lift, squat, push, pull and/or carry heavy objects up to 30 lbs.
• Scrupulously protect patient confidentiality
• Flexibility to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime
• Knowledge of basic computer programs and ability to work with a laptop/desktop
• Valid Florida Driver's License
Preferred Qualifications:• Ability to speak additional languages, i.e. Spanish
• National Paramedic Certification
• Some College Preferred
Required Education• High School or GED Required
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.