Partners Federal Credit Union IT Internship (Orlando, FL) Spring 2020
Lake Buena Vista, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 694638BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 12/09/2019
Responsibilities:Day in the Life:
- Be present and visible in IT Operations and available to users requiring technical assistance
- Provide PC support and other technical support responsibilities such as setting up PC's, imaging applications, installations, etc.
- Assisting in process improvement initiatives within IT Operations
- Assist in daily operational activities across the IT teams
Basic Qualifications:What You Bring to the Role:
- Knowledge of IT operations, task-related skills and knowledge of operating systems
- Familiarity with IT infrastructure specific to Windows, UNIX, DB and Storage.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage complexities and competing priorities
- Ability to combine judgment, analytic skills and business knowledge to make sound decisions
- Ability to work across multiple disciplines.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative & strategic problem solving skills
- Interest in pursuing IT Operations career path
- Familiarity with collecting and analyzing data and reporting on the results
- Familiarity with the Agile development methodology
- Familiarity with ticket management systems and/or call routing systems
- Rising junior or senior currently pursuing bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Will also consider those currently pursuing, or recently graduated with a Graduate degree
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from January 2020 through June 2020.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
- Housing: A limited number of housing is available for Florida based participants. Interns are able to sign up for housing once they have accepted an internship offer.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.