Pest Control Operator, Walt Disney WorldApply NowApply Later Job ID 1031372BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Dec. 21, 2022
The Pest Control Operator takes care of every aspect within pest management services. This includes structural pests, rodent control, scent detection canine, lawn and ornamental pests, diseases, termites or wood destroying organisms, native and exotic wildlife, aquatic weeds, and mosquitoes. Pest Control Operators perform both preventive maintenance and project work. The field service position may include work from elevated platforms and confined spaces throughout the Walt Disney World Parks and Resort property.
The starting pay rate for this role is $22.24
- Understand fully and comply with all state and federal laws regarding pest control, wildlife control and pesticide usage
- Treat for pests, diseases and weeds via a granular, liquid, dust, gel or ULV application, ensuring that all label guidelines are followed and all required personal protection equipment (PPE) is utilized
- Capture and/or trap nuisance wildlife as needed following established departmental guidelines, including snakes, raccoons, alligators, etc.
- Respond to and resolve pest control service requests from Cast and Guests
- Diagnose existing pest issues and potential pest issues via routine inspections in a timely manner
- Explain as needed, in an easy to understand fashion, to Cast and Guests what preventive, non-chemical steps could be taken to alleviate the pest situation they are facing
- Communicate with peers on multiple shifts and multiple departments in regards to pest issues
- Manage preventive maintenance schedules within an area and ensure that all work is completed
- Document activities and complete all required paperwork daily
- Participate in all company required training and evaluation sessions, for both pest control and other regulatory required programs
- Report to work on-time, as scheduled and provide as much notice as possible if unable to appear for a shift.
- Valid Florida drivers’ license
- Minimum of 3 years’ documented pest control experience under a licensed operation, and/or a college degree in a related field
- Knowledge of Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Maintain compliance of all state and federal laws regarding pest control, wildlife control and pesticide usage
- Knowledge of common Florida pests, wildlife, plant diseases and weeds, and their signs
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in standard office software programs and mobile electronic devices
- State certification as a Certified Pest Control Operator in all categories
- Familiar with state and federal agencies, laws regarding pest control, wildlife control and pesticide usage
- Experience working in the Maximo work scheduling system
- Working knowledge of self-contained spray vehicles
Additional Information!:Schedule Availability:
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Schedules and start times are subject to vary.
©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity
KEYWORD: WDWCasting, WDW Casting, WDWCASTING WDW: Walt Disney World Casting Hourly Jobs WDW HourlyWDWMaintenance, WDW FOS, WDW
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.