Senior Art and Media Pipeline DeveloperApply NowApply Later Job ID 885385BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States / Glendale, Canada Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted May 02, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- Digital pipeline tools development for 3D content creation including theme-park visualizations, animated animatronic animations, ride vehicles, simulated projectors, and other dynamic show elements
- Troubleshoot and support previously built software products and/or proof-of-concepts
- Engage with designers and artists to better support them and gather new requirements
- Minimum of 8-10 year's experience as Technical Director or similar working in VFX Pipeline and/or Video game pipeline
- Autodesk Maya (scripting and API (C++/Python/OpenMaya API) development experience as well animation rigging experience
- Programming proficiency in Python (with an emphasis on packaging/deployment/ custom user tools)
- Unreal (general, asset workflow / basic blueprints)
- Working with Windows systems
- Communication skills (written and spoken), problem-solving, adaptability and a willingness to mentor junior developers
- Virtual Reality experience in both content development and/or systems development
- Game engine development (game logic, plugin, core engine) experience
- CAD software (SolidWorks, REVIT, Rhino or equivalent)
- UI/UX prototyping or programming experience and/or tools (PyQt, Qt, Wx, CSS)
- Developing cross-platform software (Windows, Mac OS, Linux)
- Strong 3D math skills and computer graphics programming experience (OpenGL/DirectX)
- Ability to learn new APIs and SDKs quickly
- Familiarity with USD
- Familiarity with REZ
- Shader programming experience (GLSL/HLSL/Cg)
- Physics based simulation (Simulink, ANSYS)
- Knowledge of 3D/2D content creation software (Autodesk Maya, MotionBuilder, SolidWorks, Houdini, Substance Painter, etc.)
- Bachelors or equivalent experience
Pierre Paul | LinkedIn
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.