PH-Electrical Engineer, PrincipalApply NowApply Later Job ID 882069BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jan. 23, 2022
- Serve as Engineer of Record for in-house projects
- Lead a team, formally and/or informally directing the efforts of other designers in the production of electrical construction contract documents
- Perform peer reviews of work products of other department staff and engineering consultant firms
- Serve as a technical expert, guiding and mentoring junior staff
- Produce electrical engineering design, analysis, and calculations for large or complex projects at the land-level, or such projects that require advanced technical specialty (i.e. medium voltage systems) within the electrical Engineering function
- Develop electrical design cost estimates
- Conduct construction administration activities such as site inspections, responding to and resolving field issues and questions
- Maintain strong working knowledge of electrical sections of Walt Disney Imagineering master specifications
- Ensure technical quality and conformance to department standards and procedures
- Thrive in a highly collaborative, multi-discipline project team environment
- 12 or more years of work experience in electrical engineering
- A minimum of 5 years managing a team of electrical engineers and designers in the production of contract documents for construction
- Experience designing building electrical systems and campus-wide power and communication systems
- Licensed PE in the state of California or Florida
- Proven expertise in product selection and specification writing for electrical construction projects
- Proven expertise in electrical design and analysis of computer programs (SKM, ETAP)
- Working knowledge of electrical medium voltage power distribution systems
- Working knowledge of electrical low voltage power distribution systems
- Working knowledge of lighting systems and controls
- Working knowledge of HVAC system controls and VFD's
- Working knowledge of fire alarm systems 12. Working knowledge of communications systems
- Working knowledge of emergency power systems, generators, and UPS standby systems
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Active membership in IEEE, IES, or IAEI is desirable
- Advanced degree in the electrical engineering field is desirable
- Experience with BIM Design software (AutoCAD, REVIT, Navisworks)
Required EducationGraduate of an accredited engineering school with a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities, and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.