PH-Electrical EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 882068BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Nov. 22, 2021
This is a temporary assignment with no guarantee of permanent placement.
Responsibilities:Responsible for all of the job scope and duties of an Associate Electrical Engineer, and in addition:
- Under senior staff supervision, responsible for electrical engineering design, analysis and calculations for a single attraction of limited complexity
- Prepare designs and analysis in support of construction contract document production
- Ensure technical quality and conformance to department standards and procedures
- Become familiar with electrical sections of WDI master specifications
- 5 or more years of work experience in electrical engineering, including the production and use of contract documents for commercial or industrial projects
- Strong working knowledge of REVIT
Preferred Qualifications:Possess the skills of an Associate Electrical Engineer, and in addition, have:
- General knowledge of the electrical engineering discipline, including industry practices, construction methods and materials, codes, current technology and the preparation and use of contract documents in all phases of design and construction
- Knowledge of the use of 3D CAD technology and analytical software for electrical engineering design, short circuit, circuit breaker coordination, and arc-flash hazard analysis
- Field experience in Healthcare/Hospitals, Power Systems, Utilities, Oil & Gas
- Graduate of an accredited engineering school with a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- Engineer-In-Training certification, if not already licensed as a professional engineer
- Active membership in IEEE, IES, or IAEI is desirable
Additional Information:Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.