PH-Graphic Designer - EnvironmentalApply NowApply Later Job ID 955965BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Apr. 19, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- Provide support to the project team for design and implementation of assigned projects; support implementation of design intent as a member of the project design team
- Develop varied Environmental Graphic and Sign Design solutions for project work at all stages of assigned projects from concept design through the preparation of construction documentation
- Ensure that the creative intent is achieved by integrating sign design with other disciplines and components of the facility exterior, interior and area development
- Prepare specific deliverables including: locating signs on base sheets and elevations; material call outs; drawing packages to describe the sign's look and fabrication, Production art; etc.
- Ensure adherence to department/divisional Standards of Practice
- Provide support to multiple Environmental Graphic design projects by assisting in project design development and technical documentation
- Prepare Signage design information and documentation
- Provide design documentation in the form of illustration, photographs, scaled images, research and documentation on assigned projects
- Perform several basic technical tasks and documentation including plotting elevations, locating signs, reading and plotting floor plans, reading and plotting area development plans
- Make daily decisions on a scope of work with guidance from the Lead Graphic designer
- Communicate and coordinate with others in the department, and as part of a larger, multidiscipline project team
- May be Graphic Design representative at project team meetings
- May influence department or project team based on specific expertise or previous experience
- Coordinate and communicate Graphic design issues within the Graphic Design team
- Support implementation of project goals through development of design solutions
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Environmental (within an area) Graphic design practice
- Knowledge of Sign Code requirements for facilities and Theme Park applications
- Demonstrated thoughtful design and artistic skills in solving Environmental Graphic design challenges
- Demonstrated ability in Creative Suite 6 or digital illustration tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Publisher, In Design, Sketch-up and MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of Environmental Graphic design and sign construction techniques
- Knowledge of Wayfinding systems and programming
- Knowledge of programming Environmental Graphics for different applications (hotels, restaurants, retail, and parking facilities)
- Knowledge of all phases of a sign design program
- Technical knowledge of Sign design
- Knowledge of related areas, including architecture, interior design and area development.
- BA/BS degree from an accredited program or equivalent work experience required
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.