PH-Sound Editor Mixer SrApply NowApply Later Job ID 940746BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Apr. 21, 2022
Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
The sound editor/mixer position at Walt Disney Imagineering is a diverse and unique opportunity in the professional sound field. You will work with project teams and an Audio Media Designer (Sound Supervisor/Producer) to record, edit, mix and install the sound track for Disney attractions. You will need a strong post production sound background and experience with network audio as time will be split between studios in FL and on location mixing at Disney parks around the world.
Responsibilities:Work with Audio Media Designer, Music Department and project team to support animatic stage production efforts.
- Scratch track recording and editorial
- Temp sound design and efficient picture conforms/changes.
- Temp music editorial
- Temp mixes for reviews and playbacks
- Voiceover recording and editorial
- ADR prep, recording and editorial
- Sound design, effects editorial and sound effects recording
- Attend live action shoots as Imagineering sound representative.
- Production dialog editorial and cleanup
- Manage large FX sessions from exterior sound design vendors
- Manage large stem sessions from composer/music production team.
- Assembly of scene mixes and track layouts per the Audio Media Designers track lists
- Management of large track count conforms to picture updates
- Custom I/O set up for non-standard output formats and field mix prep
- Work with A/V engineering to set up site-specific venue mix system. Have experience with network audio protocols, configurations, and troubleshooting (Dante, AES 67, etc.)
- Perform field mix of music stems, sound FX units/pre dubs and dialog on attraction specific audio systems with custom routing and I/O. Work with Audio Media Designer, music department and project team to mix, address notes and install changes.
- File installation, management, and revision control per sound department SOP
- Burn final media and QC complete show.
- Archive projects according to sound department SOP
- Master of background music
- Transfer of historical archive to current technology
- Studio trouble shooting/maintenance
- Recording vocals, overdubs or other small-scale music session for the music depart.
- Travel to domestic and foreign venues for extended periods of time
- 5 or more years of experience in post-production audio
- Proficiency in sound production and post-production equipment including: Protools, digital consoles and controllers.
- Understanding of network audio.
- Ability to learn proprietary digital formats (Mac and PC based) with minimum instruction
- Experience with SMPTE, different frame rates, and video formats and how to sync them together.
- Work Independently in patching, digital routing, equipment operation, signal flow and technical operations
- Trouble shoot technical problems with mixing equipment, computers, and network.
- Work with new technology with a minimum of instruction
- Create new techniques, especially in special venue mixing, including taking tracks on location, setting up temporary, full-service production environments and performing a mix in the final venue.
- Strong collaborator and team player.
- Experience working in immersive environments
- Understanding of acoustics and how it effects audio delivery and intelligibility
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload.
- Must be willing to mix and work in challenging environments.
Required EducationHigh school Diploma or Equivalent
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.