PH-Superintendent (Electrical)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 940789BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted May 02, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
Responsibilities:Takes the lead on ensuring work in the field meets quality requirements of contract documents, applicable codes, and WDI / DPEP / Worldwide Safety Standards
- Manages the safety program in close coordination with WDI / DPEP / Worldwide Safety
- Provides constructability analysis and value engineering recommendations
- Prepares daily log of contractor work activities and compares against contractor's daily reports
- Tracks personnel on-site, equipment used, and progress
- Verifies existing site conditions against design documents
- Reviews and approves progress payment requisitions
- Manages commissioning through turnover acceptance
- Reviews approves and manages adherence to contractor QA/QC program
- Drives critical path, schedule, KSMs, and Milestone compliance — elevates to leaders as needed
- Facilitates contractor coordination with DPEP entities and related project WDI direct contractors and/or vendors (RCID, RCES, COA, Intertek PSI, Pest Management, Key Control/Locksmith Services, WDW / DLR warehouses, FAM, BVCC, retail, LOB's, etc.)
- Minimum 7 years outside field experience in applicable site development (attractions, commercial, residential, retail, or resort development projects)
- Strong organization and tracking skills
- Collaboration and relationship building
- Conflict Management
- Ability to lead Pull Planning & collaborate with Planner / Scheduler
- Manage multiple priorities
- Justification For Change/Directive writing
- Technical experience and expertise in all areas of construction field activities
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
- Competent in Office and project-related software for given intended project: BIM 360, Bluebeam, BOX, etc.
- Project management (document control) platforms for RFI/Submittal management Smartsheet, NexGEN, PDC, Egnyte
- Additional software knowledge P6 scheduling, AutoCAD, Revit, Netpoint
- 7-10 years WDI project field experience relevant to the area preferred
- Strong electrical background preferred with experience in structured cabling systems, backbone cable, CAT6 and fiber optic installation.
- BICSI Certification
Required EducationHigh school degree or equivalent + 2 years of undergraduate schooling in related field of construction
- BICSI Certification
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.