PH-SuperintendentApply NowApply Later Job ID 940788BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted May 02, 2022
Responsibilities:• Project influencer • Evaluates risk early in project and provides strategic thinking expertise during pre-construction • Arbitrates on-site conflicts between contractors
• Leads commissioning activities outlined in specifications and codes
• Leads overall QA/QC program • Lead overall project logistics
• Leads communication, coordinates, and collaborates project specific priorities with WDI Project Superintendents, contractors, clients, consultants, schedulers, controllers, and project team members
• Ultimately responsible for all field activities / safety / quality
• Intervenes on any inspection issues and manages the RCID relations
• Manages the safety program in close coordination with WDI / DPEP / Worldwide Safety
• Tracks personnel on site, equipment used, and progress
• Reviews and approves progress payment requisitions
• Drives critical path, schedule, KSMs, and Milestone compliance — elevates to leaders as needed
• Facilitates contractor coordination with DPEP entities and related project WDI direct contractors and/or vendors (RCID, RCES, COA, Intertek PSI, Pest Management, Key Control/Locksmith Services, WDW / DLR warehouses, FAM, BVCC, retail, LOB's, etc.)
• Enforces Safety Emergency Response awareness
• Coordinates site security with Principal / General Superintendent, Operations, Construction Manager, and other project team members
• Establishes and maintains project photo documentation
Basic Qualifications:• Minimum 7 years outside field experience in applicable site development (attractions, commercial, residential, retail, or resort development projects)
• Strong organization and tracking skills
• Collaboration and relationship building
• Conflict Management • Ability to lead Pull Planning & collaborate with Planner / Scheduler
• Manage multiple priorities • Justification For Change/Directive writing
• Technical experience and expertise in all areas of construction field activities
• Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
• Competent in Office and project related software for given intended project: BIM 360, Bluebeam, BOX, etc.
Preferred Qualifications:7-10 years WDI project field experience relevant to the area preferred
Required EducationHigh school degree or equivalent + 2 years of undergraduate schooling in related field of construction
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.