Principal Application Architect – Product Pricing
Lake Buena Vista, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 713293BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 29/10/2019
Job Summary:Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts to apps, books, console games and much more. The business is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, leading retail and e-commerce businesses – Disney store and shopDisney.com – as well as renowned artists, storytellers and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
The Principal Software Architect will be responsible to overseeing and architecting core components of the sales technology platform. They will develop the architecture vision and product roadmap of the sales platform and designs the integration architecture for participating applications. This includes designing and architecting existing APIs to leverage cloud native capabilities, net gen digital platform for angular and node user interfaces, and mobile hybrid platform. This role will also automate, audit, and enforce coding standards, quality first initiatives, and implement adequate levels of reliance to ensure applications are sustainable and have capabilities to grow and expand.
The successful candidate requires technical knowledge and skills that are broad and deep, covering various hardware, software, and platforms. The candidate must be comfortable operating in complex heterogeneous technology environments, and have experience with highly integrated and mission critical solutions. The candidate must possess the ability to share and communicate ideas clearly, both orally and in writing, to business sponsors and partners, technical resources, and executives, in clear concise language that is the effective for each respective group.
- Define a product roadmap that fulfills the short-term and long-term business goals with specific technology solutions
- Improve applications’ stability and maintainability by leveraging the capabilities of emerging technologies; also meet business goals and operational requirements
- Manage the complete SDLC, project planning, design, development, implementation using Agile Development (Scrum) methodologies
- Provide technology assistance to development teams and help them in troubleshooting critical production issues
- Understand the big picture, conceptualize, develop, implement solutions and partner closely with business leaders and stakeholders
- Manage and appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the engineering initiatives to the stakeholders
- Work closely with all the stakeholders and devise a plan that aligns with the overall business objectives and budgetary aspects
- Define and enforce best practices, design/coding standards to improve the quality of the deliverables and ensure the compliance with defined reference architecture and engineering prescriptions
- Design and develop reusable framework components to address cross cutting concerns that can be reused across various applications
- Analyze the existing legacy applications, and define the strategy to uplift the technology stack and containerized the same for deployment to cloud environment
- Explore the areas where AI and Machine Learning can be leveraged to improve experiences
- Lead and provide technical leadership to architects, developers, engineers, and operators in geographically dispersed location
- Conduct frequent knowledge sharing sessions, discuss new ideas and foster a learning environment with an objective to maximize the productivity
- Oversee DevOps process for on premise and cloud containerized deployments and identify and implement refinements in the independent release process
- Oversee and define cloud configurations for auto scaling and auto healing across the platform
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with other departments, groups and staff
- Enforce and grow a culture focused on quality
- 15+ years of development experience
- 10+ years influencing highly technical professionals across multiple portfolios
- Knowledge of Traditional and Agile software development lifecycles and methodologies
- Deep expertise in architecture, application and solution design, software development lifecycle, and integration
- Expertise in application integrations involving COTS products
- Expertise in dynamic development technologies using Java, Angular and relational databases
- Proven experience with Cloud, digital, mobile, and devops platforms
- Experience with the creation and consumption of SOAP and REST Web Services
- Solid understanding of architecture, connectivity technologies, web hosting, advanced network protocols, client-server technologies, applications development and multi-vendor environments
- Success at achieving sophisticated technology goals on-time and on-budget
- A comfort level with complex, matrix organizations containing a certain amount of ambiguity
- Experience working in a hospitality or travel industry
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or related field/work experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.