Procurement RepresentativeApply NowApply Later Job ID 980303BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 25, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Food & Beverage at the Theme Parks and Resorts are a high volume category. Over 800,000 orders, in the U.S. locations alone, are generated annually to support this category. The focus of this role is primarily on item setup, vendor setup, system data maintenance, price uploads and bids, and general customer service communications. This role will also have responsibility in ensuring we have the needed food and beverage items, in the right quantities, at the right time. As a number of food items (proteins, fresh fruits and vegetables, and dairy) are perishable and have short shelf life, product spoilage is a key metric for the team. The Purchase to Pay – Data Maintenance and Inventory Buyer F&B’s performance will be evaluated on their ability to maintain proper inventory levels (high order fill rates and inventory turnover for working capital benefits), while minimizing product obsolescence (food spoilage). The Purchase to Pay - Data Maintenance and Inventory Buyer F&B will report to an Assistant Manager or Manager in DWSS PTP.
- Data Maintenance – Item Setup, Vendor Setup, Item and Vendor Changes, price downloads and uploads, low bid notifications, daily reporting.
- Provide customer service and assist with issue resolution
- Inventory Buyer – Manage category of supplier/items for warehouse replenishment. Optimization of inventory to reduce outages and risk of spoilage.
- 4-Year degree
- Field of Study Preferred: Supply Chain Management, Finance, Business Administration
- Experience with purchasing and purchasing products for warehouse inventories (minimum 3 years)
- Experience purchasing food or beverage items (minimum 1 year)
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills (persuasion & influencing)
- Has a customer oriented mind set
- Detail oriented (focus on quality and not necessarily speed)
- Collaborative and able to work in a team environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of applications
- Experience with forecasting models, inventory and/or supply chain management (desired)
- Process Re-engineering experience: Green Belt, Black Belt (desired)
- Change Management experience (desired)
- Project Management experience (desired)
- CPM – Certified Purchasing Manager (desired)
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.