Product Designer – Technology and Digital
Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 965998BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May. 16, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Job Summary:Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) Technology & Digital, a division of the Walt Disney Company, creates world-class digital experiences for Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disney Signature Experiences, Consumer Products, Games, & Publishing (CPGP), and more. DPEP T&D designs and develops websites, mobile applications, and digital experiences.
As a Product Designer, you will be part of the team responsible for designing products that help our guests gain the most enjoyment from their experiences within our Parks, Resorts and Cruises. Beyond providing practical and useful solutions, you will create digital experiences that connect with our guests on an emotional level, delivering designs with the quality and character expected from Disney. You'll approach your work from a versatile, holistic perspective – applying expertise across user experience and interface design – to determine complete product solutions. You will spend time defining the vision of, and leading the design effort. Important facets of this role include embracing ambiguity, being flexible, demonstrating design leadership and shining the spotlight down and across. This is an unmatched opportunity for a designer who is passionate about delivering resonant experiences across current and latest digital technologies.
- Design original, useful and elegant digital experiences for guests of Disney Parks and Resorts worldwide across web, mobile web, native apps (iOS and Android) and other platforms.
- Apply a broad range of capabilities on digital product design from concept through execution and final implementation
- Partner with other designers and collaborate with teams – including product management, technology and consumer insights – to take work from ideation to reality
- Apply rigorous design thinking as we develop products between the physical and digital worlds
- Listen to our guests and advocate for their perspectives, creating opportunities to support their expectations within all projects
- Support the design team as we communicate our product design recommendations to our leadership team, by delivering sketches, wireframes, design specifications, compositions and prototypes
- 2+ years of industry experience operating as an end-to-end diverse product designer, possessing solid capabilities across a range of design disciplines
- Experience with premium brands including e-commerce
- A track record for working with product development teams to ship customer-facing digital products
- Define and utilize qualitative and quantitative data to inform and inspire design
- Experience creating products from a user-first design approach
- Capability to build interactive prototypes
- Design for new product experiences including conversational user interfaces, AR/VR and interactive 3D environments
- Motion design and animation skills
Required Education2-year college degree or equivalent
Preferred EducationBachelor's degree preferred
Additional Information:A portfolio of your most impactful work – portfolio presentation is expected
This position is located in Lake Buena Vista, FL.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.