Product EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 889860BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States / Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 23, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Other responsibilities include collaborating, ideating, and executing on strategies with the Product Manager, Product Designers and Developers - working in close partnership with Workforce Technology, Enterprise Tech, Enterprise Learning Platforms, Executive & Leadership content teams and other technology and operations teams across TWDC. Beyond direct engineering there are further responsibilities to support operational and efficiency activities, along with consultation across business specific needs that align with scaling learner engagement and development on a global level.
The candidate must have experience explaining complex concepts and workflows to partners and senior leadership who are non-technical. We are seeking someone adopting a broader enterprise view to define solutions for the organization who demonstrates a history of successful builds and can identify and prioritize opportunities to improve the learner experience in the digital landscape.
Responsibilities:What You’ll Do
- Ownership of engineering work for learning; ideate, review design, build, code-review, test, launch, monitor and maintain
- Enterprise learning technology testing across multiple segment/department/teams
- Determine operational feasibility and recommend optimal/potential solutions (which may include RFIs, RFPs or prototype development).
- Demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
- Prepare solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Stay up to date with industry trends by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and equipment. Participate in educational opportunities, read professional publications, maintain personal networks, and participate in professional organizations. Understand how changes can impact our business and raise concerns and/or propose solutions to mitigate.
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential ensuring architectures are secured to the standards of Global IT security and Workforce Technology.
- Serve as a high-level technical resource and “go-to” person for less experienced developers, providing technical guidance
- Work alongside a small product team to help contribute to enhancing the Walt Disney Company employee career, learning and development digital experience along with system improvements that impact the business and employee experience at large.
Basic Qualifications:What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years of relevant software engineering experience or software automation experience
- Proficient in cloud infrastructure such as AWS and Kubernetes
- Optimism towards challenges of current HR systems along with a desire to identify opportunities for workarounds
- Treat quality as a habit and enforce development best practices and appropriate design patterns
- Experience leading a project focusing on communication, mentorship, team ethics, collaboration and organizational skills
- Experience with server-side scripting like PHP or a similar object-oriented server-side scripting language
- Ability to develop and implement high-quality code in a timely manner is essential
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, multi-faceted environment - where exploration and stretch goals are encouraged
- Intentionally seek out a diverse range of perspectives and partners to create an inclusive approach to problem-solving
Required knowledge/experience in the following technologies:
- Cloud Platforms: AWS
- Operating Systems: Linux, Windows
- Frameworks: Angular, Express, Material Design, jQuery, WordPress
- Containers: Docker, Kubernetes
- Relational: MySQL, Amazon Aurora
- Non-relational: DynamoDB, DocumentDB, MongoDB
- Web Servers: Apache, Nginx
- Version Control: GitLab
- CI/CD: GitLab CI
- Instructional Design Software: Articulate Suite, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with core design patterns
Preferred Qualifications:Desired knowledge/experience in the following technologies:
- Infrastructure Management: Terraform
- Python Libraries: Pandas, Matplotlib, NumPy
- Jupyter Notebook
- AWS SageMaker
- AWS RoboMaker
- Understanding of AI/ML principals
Additional Information:Location: New York, NY; Burbank, CA; Orlando, FL
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.