Product Management - shopDisneyApply NowApply Later Job ID 860494BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 28, 2021
The Product Management team is responsible for creating and executing the strategic direction for features on the shopDisney digital platforms. You will support in building digital products for the shopDisney website and mobile app. Team activities will include (but are not limited to) translating digital vision and strategies into various product documents, including pitch presentations, business cases, epics, user stories, and functional requirements/specifications. You will partner with disciplines, teams, and leaders across the organization to define and execute on the strategic vision for shopDisney.
This posting is a talent pool for upcoming roles within Consumer Products, Games & Publishing
- Supports the implementation of digital product strategies for shopDisney.
- Ensures the digital vision for shopDisney digital products is based on consumer data and insights, current and future technologies, business drivers, and business value.
- Drives the execution of retail ecommerce and broader digital product strategies and roadmaps based on that vision and in partnership with other disciplines and leaders.
- Leverages a deep understanding of product management for digital products to manage the development pipeline and priorities across teams/disciplines.
- Holds self accountable to the definition and execution of the retail ecommerce and broader digital vision, roadmap, and projects.
- Has a deep understanding of product objectives and priorities and helps those teams translate product concepts into user stories, epics, and other appropriate product deliverables.
- Understands and makes choices about product and project scope, priorities, MVP, delivery dates, etc.
- Manages and executes on multiple projects in parallel, balancing the needs and timelines of each simultaneously.
- Attends regular project scrums, stand-ups, and status updates to help drive priority decisions and remove roadblocks.
- Provides frequent communication to leaders on project status, progress, issues, and choices that could impact the budget, timeline, or strategic vision.
- Understands and supports alignment and synchronization between digital and broader Consumer Products roadmaps, teams, and leaders.
- Manages partner (internal and external) relationships through communication, collaboration, and partnership.
- Ultimately owns the digital product and is responsible for the delivery of that product and associated projects on time, on budget, on strategy, and with a superior level of quality and performance.
- At least 2-5 years of retail ecommerce product management experience.
- Knowledge and experience in the development of web, native app, and hybrid app products, with a history of successfully delivering consumer-centric digital solutions to market.
- Understanding of eCommerce business, financial returns, value drivers, and fiscal management of large-scale, complex product lines/verticals and/or projects.
- Experience managing technical, user, and business issues in a fast-moving digital organization.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and practices.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and project leadership skills, including an ability to communicate effectively at a Leadership level.
- Ability to partner across multiple disciplines and teams, while working collaboratively to deliver quality on time and on budget.
- Ability to distill research and data to identify business opportunities and develop corresponding business cases.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, understand, and drive resolution mission-critical product and project issues.
- Proven ability to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others, build strong and sustainable relationships, and interact at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to think strategically and drive ideas into action, with a positive outlook and willingness to take personal initiative.
- Flexibility and proficiency in managing ambiguity and performing through changes in strategic direction and/or priorities.
- Experience in retail highly desired.
- Education and/or experience in a technical discipline (computer science, software engineering, decision science, AI/ML) a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required
Additional Information:Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Store USA, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Store USA, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.