Associate Product ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10060201 Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Burbank, California, United States / Seattle, Washington, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 28, 2023
At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Enterprise Technology Digital Experience organization is seeking a Product Manager to support the growth and evolution of our Enterprise Content Management & Productivity solutions at Disney. This passionate independent contributor is part of a cross-functional team, fueled by curiosity, energized by relationships, and motivated to shape future practices and drive continuous improvement that matters in the daily usage of the portfolio.
Who you are
You have outstanding social skills, are an analytical thinker, and are great at navigating broad-reaching and complex issues. You have experience working in a fast-paced environment and collaborating with talented peers. You love building relationships with customers, business partners, software architects, and IT team members alike. You are passionate about empowering creative and technical user stories, building secure solutions, providing a great user experience, and have an excellent background in delivering on projects and complex tasks with others.
What you will be doing
In this role, you will be an Associate Product Manager for our Productivity offerings:
· Ensuring a customer-focused and secure approach to delivering exciting information technology solutions across the Disney company
· Partnering closely with Clients, Product Management and Customer Success on implementation of strategic enhancements and evolution to our content management and Slack Enterprise Grid environment at Disney
· Overseeing and optimizing operational transition activities and procedures supporting the day-to-day work necessary for supporting our content management products and Slack service and workspaces across Disney, and designing and fulfilling automation to support the platform and its customers
· Oversee the overall health, compliance and security of the environment in coordination with security teams, ensuring remediation of control violations in a timely manner
· Gather requirements for business processes and determine ways to improve service onboarding for teams and departments, and partnering with a software engineer on automating fulfillment of common user and workspace admin requests
· Developing and reporting key measurements defining service success
· Stay current on developments and use cases within Disney IT and provide recommendations on ways to automate, improve user experience, and deliver services more efficiently
· Cross-train with peer Product and Service Managers and suppliers to ensure coverage of the overall Enterprise Content Management and Productivity portfolio
High school or equivalent technical program
BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration
· 2+ years of experience in IT Operations, Product Management, Service Management or IT Support in an enterprise environment
· Proficiency of collaboration platforms and tools space
· Advanced level knowledge of Slack or Content Management tools as a user and/or proficiency as a local administrator
· Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
· Self-directed and ability to prioritize and influence work in a large, matrixed organization as an individual contributor
· Strong demonstrated customer service, creative problem solving and teamwork abilities
· Ability quickly learn technical concepts and apply new products, integrations and vendor offerings to business use cases
· Detail oriented; able to draft, organize, and structure technical playbooks & guidelines for the IT support team to follow in their daily work
· Advanced business analysis affinity and skills
· 2+ years of experience in Service Management, Client Engagement or IT Support in an enterprise environment
· 1+ years of experience in Software Development or Site Reliability Engineering
· 1+ years of experience in team lead or managerial roles
· Experience as a workspace or org administrator of large-scale Slack environment
· Experience overseeing the product management of segment or enterprise platforms, leading vendors and consultants, support management and issue tracking
· Experience triaging or deploying solutions with Public Cloud Providers including AWS, Azure
· Experience with implementing and integrating to collaboration platforms or products
· Experience in automating tasks, development of service add-ons, bots or integrating with Slack’s APIs
· Experience in or partnering with solution design, user experience, customer success, internal communications or business analysis
· Knowledge and background in configuration of SSO and IAM integration with (Okta, SAML, Active Directory)
· ITIL Certification
· Project Management Certification (PMP, CAPM, Certified Scrum Master, Certified Scrum Product Owner)
The hiring range for this position in Burbank, CA is $93,398 - $125,290 per year based on a 40-hour work week. The amount of hours scheduled per week may vary based on business needs. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.