Production Manager - Disney PublishingApply NowApply Later Job ID 865424BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Publishing Worldwide Date posted Oct. 07, 2021
- This role serves as an advocate for each title and is involved in every phase of production ensuring assigned books are printed/reprinted, delivered as specified
- Participates in weekly production meetings providing realistic estimates of production time and cost for a title. Advises on the feasibility, scheduling, costs, etc., to help determine best course of action.
- Responsible for the timely and cost-effective production of assigned book titles. Develops cost-effective production schedules and monitors status of projects in production. Liaison with Editorial, Design and Sales team keeping all parties informed on production schedule, cost and timing updates. .
- Partners with the Operations and Sales teams to look at inventory and identify books for reprint by reviewing sales and trends to maximize sales and consumer demands.
- Reviews proofs with art directors and editors for quality. Ensures timely delivery of books to warehouse for retail distribution.
- Follow up on all issues concerning quality control and processing of vendor invoices and payments.
- Minimum 5 years experience in book production.
- Knowledge of CPSIA and ILS standards and regulations.
- Working knowledge of InDesign, Quark, MS Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Minimum two-year College or technical degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Additional Information:Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Disney Publishing Worldwide:
Disney Publishing Worldwide helps bring our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games.The business is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Publishing Worldwide.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.