Production Manager (Print) - PublishingApply NowApply Later Job ID 862392BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Oct. 22, 2021
From toys to apparel, books to games, and much more, Disney Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP) brings our company’s products, through stories and characters, to markets worldwide. With a portfolio of renowned franchises including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, 20CS and National Geographic, our efforts to deliver innovative and experiential products, designed to entertain and inspire, is industry leading and category shaping.
The Print Production & Manufacturing Team Member is responsible for the manufacturing aspects of the physical book process and managing relationship with printers and the on-time delivery of printed and bound books ready for pick up by the logistics team. This role works with the publishing editorial and design team to guide in the selection of printing specifications and with the production team in identifying and addressing production issues. This role needs to demonstrate the ability to work together with diverse teams, to maintain a detailed knowledge of the book manufacturing process and product components, and to work with external vendors to deliver finished products as scheduled.
- Ability to interact with editorial, design, production and logistics staffs on a consistent basis
- Partner with Strategic Sourcing to secure best pricing contracts for both components and finished goods
- Responsible for providing manufacturing cost estimates for potential development of new titles, reprint decisions, special sales, and custom publishing opportunities
- Guides the selection of printing specifications, cover and endsheet materials, and printer options
- Tracks and reports all changes in manufacturing costs against approved manufacturing budgets for each title as the book progresses through the development process
- Maintains overall PPB costs on financial statements of publishing group and cost value per unit rate differential from expected rate in acquisition P&L of each new project
- Monitors and keeps to a minimum all author alterations done at the printer once a file has released from the editorial team
- Works with managing editorial and production teams in establishing manufacturing plans according to release schedules and to address delays by accelerating prepress process and/or shifting press dates to deliver finished books on schedule
- Manages relationship with printers and resolves any issues that arise
- Reviews advance copies of printings and instructs printers to release from bindery for pick up by logistics team
- Reviews and processes manufacturing invoices for payment
- Tracking of number of printing events
- 6+ years of experience in book manufacturing process
- Extensive knowledge of paper specifications and sourcing
- Experience in the graphic industry with a broad knowledge of computers, design, layout, and current printing technologies preferred
- Experience in managing manufacturing book projects in a high-volume operation to deliver quality product in a timely manner
- Experience managing and maintaining working relationships with diverse vendors around the world.
- Knowledge of all applicable safety and quality regulations
- Bachelor’s degree
Additional Information:Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits. CPGPJobs
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Publishing Worldwide, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Publishing Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.