Project Associate, Publishing OperationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 866154BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 06, 2022
Creative Operations is dedicated to supporting global publishers with their product development and approvals. The Project Associate will facilitate approvals on submissions and assets for print, magazine, digital and learning products, providing licensees with all of the necessary information about branding, art, and editorial they need to create Disney, Pixar, Lucas, Marvel and National Geographic products. This position is based in Orlando, FL.
This posting is a talent pool for upcoming roles within Consumer Products, Games & Publishing.
- Work with external teams (Marvel, Lucas, Pixar, Brand Management, Legal, etc.) to secure approvals.
- Synthesize feedback from creative teams in Online Product Approval (OPA), so that licensees have a clear understanding of the changes they need to make in order for their products to be approved by Disney, Marvel, Lucasfilm, Disney Channel, etc.
- Establish relationships with internal DPW creative teams in various countries in order to stay educated about Art, Editorial, and Design guidelines for all franchises, including Disney, Lucasfilm, Marvel, Pixar and National Geographic.
- Act as liaison between creative teams and licensees, learning how to balance (and to occasionally arbitrate) differences between the creative guidelines of Art/Editorial/Design teams and licensee business limitations. Understand each market and business situation to better attend to the needs of each licensee.
- Communicate guidelines to licensees through daily email exchanges and occasional meetings that include members of those same creative teams when extra guidance is needed by a licensee.
- Understand various types of publications ats and determine the most efficient routing path for approval.
- Identify licensees with special needs and work with Creative Operations Director and Account Manager to ensure their success.
- Provide general support to licensees with day-to-day inquiries, which are related to systems, creative/assets and process/schedule; Work with Commercialization team (domestic and international) as well as Creative Operations manager to address concerns/issues that arise.
- Additional archiving responsibilities and maintenance of training documents.
- At least 2 years’ experience with project management
- High level of organization skills, ability to work with many complex and detailed projects at once
- High level of communication skills, with an emphasis on written communication
- Excellent relationship building skills – negotiation skills a plus
- At least 2 years experience working with creative teams
- Ability to balance the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Problem solver with a “can do” attitude
- Ability to work alone, with minimal direction
- Experience with DCP
- Experience with Online Product Approval
- Bachelor’s Degree
Additional Information:Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.