Project Controls Planner SrApply NowApply Later Job ID 888454BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted May 02, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
Provide planning and scheduling expertise to all WDI project teams and functional disciplines. Develop comprehensive implementation strategies and incorporate deliverables into project schedules. Prepare project life cycle and master schedules. Integrate all schedules (design disciplines, vendors, production, and construction) and provide a comprehensive project perspective. Monitor, evaluate risks, and present recovery/mitigation plans to support turnover/opening schedule. Perform earned value analysis when needed. Provide progress reports and management presentations, as appropriate. You will report to Executive Project Controls.
All of the Primary Duties of a Project Planner/Scheduler, and in addition:
- Lead development and implementation of project scheduling processes, tools, and deliverables.
- Lead project schedule reporting and planning sessions with all levels of project and organizational management.
- Coordinate with contractors, responsible project team members, WDI performing work groups and WDI systems planners to develop and integrate activity durations and logic sequences required to perform project work
- Lead manpower loading/resource analysis, and develop and status earned man-hour progress curves as required
- Scope of responsibility may include lead discipline planning coverage on some projects of show/ride concept development, show, ride, facility, and area development design, show ride production and installation, show, ride test and adjust, show programming in addition to the core building construction and field disciplines
- Responsible for preparation of the schedule reporting specification for the contract bid packages and determining Schedule Milestones and/or Key Dates for incorporation into the Contract Specification.
Basic Qualifications:Minimum 6 years of engineering/construction planning and scheduling and/or themed entertainment planning/coordination experience, which includes a combination of:
• At least six years of Critical Path Method scheduling experience utilizing scheduling software
• At least six years of construction, production, and/or design experience.
• Good understanding of practical project controls applications and earned value measurement
- Prefer to have some industry-relevant certifications or completed course studies
- Prior experience as Lead Project Planner/Scheduler.
- Prior supervisory experience of junior staff
- Work experience in the following industries: Theme parks, Cruise Lines, Major Resort, show/ride product lines
- BS degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or equivalent
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.