Sales Manager - Disney PublishingApply NowApply Later Job ID 860813BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Oct. 22, 2021
From toys to apparel, books to games, and much more, Disney Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP) brings our company’s products, through stories and characters, to markets worldwide. With a portfolio of renowned franchises including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, 20CS and National Geographic, our efforts to deliver innovative and experiential products, designed to entertain and inspire, is industry leading and category shaping.
This Sales Manager plays a pivotal position within the Disney Publishing Group. Our business, managed through distributors and via direct relationships with accounts, is significant and diverse. It includes the independent bookstores, Mass Channels, Special Markets, Amazon and all retail & wholesale accounts where books are sold. Within Disney Publishing Group, the Sales Managers works daily on our business through including editorial, publicity, marketing and operations involvement. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal are a cornerstone of the skill set for success in this position.
- Accountable for revenue and profitability targets for assigned accounts
- Make specific title recommendations reflective of Disney, Marvel, Lucas, Hyperion, and National Geographic key initiatives and the accounts needs to maximize sales
- Develop annual plans for revenue targets, and provide accurate forecasting on a monthly basis in order to help achieve annual sales goals
- Oversee multiple annual presentations for the buyer teams, inclusive of editorial and marketing across imprints
- Partner with editorial and art teams to develop products and programs to drive additional sales
- Work with internal publicity department and accounts events department to secure author appearances
- Manage co-op advertising budget for designated accounts
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for publishing product lines to be able to provide account base feedback on titles, cover art, pricing, promotional plans, trends and other relevant information
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with assigned retailers and their distribution network
- Identify and communicate industry trends, rising authors and ideas from sales accounts
- Reports & analyzes account level orders and sales forecast for all titles, including seasonal, promotional and advertising trends
- Provide written reports and account recaps as needed including feedback on titles, promotional plans, cover art and other pertinent information
- Sales conferences and focus meetings; weekly business update meeting; interaction with the editorial, marketing, publicity and operations groups within Disney across the country.
- Provide catalog input, Edelweiss, and Onyx feed approval.
- Manage embargoed title information and approve title information flow to distributors & accounts.
- Experience with managing promotional budgets
- Minimum of five years’ experience in publishing preferably in sales management
- Strong working knowledge of PowerPoint and strong Excel skills, including forecasting analytics
- Ability to prioritize, stay focused and keep a professional demeanor
- Strong understanding of retail sales and retail marketing strategies, brand and property positioning
- Flexible/adaptable and able to collaborate, communicate, influence and persuade at all levels of an organization
- Capable of working independently and managing a variety of initiatives/issues simultaneously, within a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of business concepts
- Bachelor’s degree
Additional Information:Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Publishing Worldwide, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Publishing Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.