Security Host/Hostess Hiring Event, Wednesday June 29, 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 995814BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jun. 22, 2022
The Walt Disney World® Resort is recruiting Security Host/Hostess focused on the safety of our Guests, Cast & the Walt Disney World® Parks and Resorts. Security Cast Members observe, react and respond to occurrences throughout the Walt Disney World® Parks and Resorts, including visual inspections of buildings, bags, or packages. Security Cast Members respond to various incidents and will be trained on Infant, Child, and Adult Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Automated External Defibrillator (AED), and bleeding control procedures to respond to Guest and Cast emergencies. The Security Cast Member uses operational security judgment throughout the shift.
A Security D License is not necessary to be considered for the Security Host/Hostess role; if selected, you will receive paid training to obtain your Class D Security License. Candidates must obtain/have a valid Florida Driver's License.
Security Host/Hostess receives a starting rate of $16.50/hourly
With our Disney Aspire program, eligible hourly Cast Members receive 100% of tuition paid upfront for partner institutions!
When: Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Where: Walt Disney World Casting Center
1515 E Buena Vista Dr
Orlando, FL 32821
- To reduce wait time, it is strongly encouraged that you apply in advance process may take up to three hours to complete
- Process may take up to three hours to complete
Security Host/Hostess- Part Time, Walt Disney World
Security Host/Hostess- Full Time, Walt Disney World
Parking: Parking available in the Grapefruit Garage.
*If on the day of the job fair you feel sick or have any symptoms of COVID-19, we ask that you stay at home and call us at 844-559-2278, Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST to reschedule your interview.
- Physical role, pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, and kneeling
- Prolonged standing to perform and maintain crowd control during peak operational hours in outdoor settings during different weather conditions
- Strong written, verbal (including radio skills and etiquette), and interpersonal communications skills
- Provide excellent Guest Service
- Ability to build relationships and work cohesively as a team
- Work with multiple departments and different levels of leadership
- Problem-solve, remain composed and effective in stressful situations
- Respond to incidents and assist Guests/Cast Members during safety & emergency situations
- Maintain confidentiality of work product and use strict discretion when discussing work details and strategies
- Operate motor vehicle across the Walt Disney World Resort
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Cast Members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Understanding of new emerging security technology as it relates to Guest screening.
- Computer proficiency within a Windows environment
- Maintain a Florida Security Guard License - Class D
- Have a valid Florida Driver's License
- Must be at least 18 years of age for consideration with at least one year or more of one of the following:
- Law Enforcement or Deputy experience
- Military experience
- Loss Prevention or Plain Clothes Operatives experience
- Security Guard/Officer experience responsible for foot/bicycle/motor patrol, monitoring cameras, and/or aviation screening
- High-pressure situational experiences such as an Emergency Medical Technician, Firefighter, Flight Attendant, or a 911 Operator
- Associate's Degree or higher in Criminal Justice, Private Investigations, Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Emergency Medical Services, or any other Security related field
- Knowledge of the Walt Disney World Parks & Resorts
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.