Security Host/Hostess- Part Time, Walt Disney WorldApply NowApply Later Job ID 1049759BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Nov. 14, 2022
Security receives a starting pay rate of $16.50/hour.
- Respond to incidents and assist Guests and Cast Members during safety & emergency situations
- Use radio telecommunication and computer technology
- Operate motor vehicle across the Walt Disney World Resort
- Develop relationships with Cast Members at all levels and all lines of business to provide excellent service to our Guests and Cast
- Assess and analyze situations, collect information and prioritize while remaining calm
- Provide Guest Service
- Maintain confidentially
- Prolonged standing to perform and maintain crowd control during peak operational hours in outdoor settings during different weather conditions
- Physical role, pushing, pulling, bending twisting, and kneeling
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Cast Members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- A valid Florida Driver's License
- Maintain a Florida Security Guard License - Class D
- Must be at least 18 years of age for consideration with at least one year or more of one of the following:
- Law Enforcement, or Deputy experience
- Military experience
- Loss Prevention or Plain Clothes Operatives experience
- Security Guard/Officer experience responsible for foot/bicycle/motor patrol, monitoring cameras, and/or aviation screening
- High pressure situational experience such as an Emergency Medical Technician, Firefighter, Flight Attendant or a 911 Operator
- Associate's Degree or higher in Criminal Justice, Private Investigations, Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Emergency Medical Services or any other Security related field
- Knowledge of the latest security technology as it relates to Guest screening
- Experience with standard office software programs
- Written, verbal communication skills; including using telephone and radio
- Knowledge of the Walt Disney World Theme Parks & Resorts
Additional Information!:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
This role is Part Time and requires full availability for any shift, three (3) days per week, including nights and holidays. Part Time Cast Members must have 2 weeks of full availability for training.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: WDW Casting WDWCASTING WDW: Walt Disney World Casting Hourly Jobs wdw hourly
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.