Senior Decision Science Product Consultant - ParksApply NowApply Later Job ID 985284BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 30, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
You are data-driven and like to turn business questions into data analytics solutions to solve problems. In this position, you will work closely with key partners on both strategic and tactical challenges. You should have a natural curiosity to understand the "why" behind business performance, take a proactive role in problem-solving, be results oriented, be able to prioritize and be a team player in a collaborative environment. The role will include working with analytically minded peers, where you are expected to contribute and challenge the current knowledgebase. You should enjoy putting together Tableau (or other data visualization) dashboards, and use those to perform analyses and build tools for internal clients.
Responsibilities:• Internal Consultant – Act as a consultant to support internal clients in implementing revenue management and pricing strategies through technical and analytical solutions that provide unique insights and drive business value. Anticipate, discover, propose and develop new solutions to current or anticipated business challenges.
• Data Analyst – Perform data collection, data cleaning, data validation, and design reporting for revenue management systems and applications
• Storyteller – Through polished presentations, deliver and effectively communicate key insights, findings and recommendations in a concise, actionable, and efficient manner to stakeholders and senior leadership.
• Business analyst – Document business processes, determine current and anticipate future functional requirements, and turn them into technical specifications
• Product manager – Manage and prioritize client requests along with overall product development needs. Develop client relationships to manage expectations.
Basic Qualifications:• Demonstrated experience owning and performing exploratory and quantitative analysis
• Applied knowledge of statistical methods, forecasting, modeling, and machine learning
• Ability to tell the story in the data and simplify complex analytics into insights and recommendations that are easily understood and executable
• Demonstrated proficiency in documenting, understanding and automating existing processes to support efficient business decisions
• Proficiency in technical debugging, determining root cause, and approaches to challenges
• Ability to develop relationships and strategically influence stakeholders and partners, including senior leadership
• Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated creative problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business environment and manage multiple priorities and stakeholders
• Three or more years’ experience with Python and SQL coding, performing queries and data processing tasks on large data sets
• Three or more years’ experience with advanced data visualization technology (e.g. Tableau, QlikView, Power BI, or similar), designing and developing interactive reports and dashboards
Preferred Qualifications:• Five + years’ experience with advanced data visualization technology (e.g. Tableau, QlikView, Power BI, or similar), involved with all steps of development lifecycle
• Gather requirements from business clients, develop use cases and mock-ups
• Collect, integrate, and cleanse data
• Analyze data and propose efficient and innovative visualizations that answer key business questions
• Build dashboards/visualizations leveraging best practices (level of detail calculations, parameters, custom formatting, etc.)
• Optimize dashboard performance / data load times using advanced SQL or Tableau capabilities (indexing, caching, event-based triggers, etc.)
• Support user acceptance testing
• Train users on dashboard capabilities and data interpretation
• Gather user feedback and further improve solution
• Knowledge of revenue management and dynamic pricing
Required Education• Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, finance, economics, data mining, analytics, or other quantitative field, OR equivalent practical experience
Preferred Education• Master's degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, finance, economics, data mining, analytics, or other quantitative field, OR equivalent practical experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.