Senior DeveloperApply NowApply Later Job ID 988001BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 25, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
We are looking for someone to serve as Senior Developer reporting to the Technology Manager, Consumer Insight. The position is an important developer role on the Technology Services team responsible for architecting, developing cloud solutions, and managing essential cloud platforms for the Consumer Insights business.
The senior developer is a technology role that has experience with development languages and coding practices such that they can develop, review, validate, and improve cloud solutions in a way that ensures that delivered services are performant, scalable and reliable regardless of the volume of transactions or execution concurrency that is expected.
- Architect and provide high-performing and scalable cloud-based platform solutions.
- Identify and recommend solutions and technologies to promote platform development.
- Help ensure integrity, security, availability, and effectiveness of technology infrastructure, including middleware, networks, communications, processing and standards.
- Conduct POCs and viability analysis on technology solutions.
- Communicate with all partners regarding test or evaluation results; partner with technology and data services teams to interpret feedback and integrate into product iterations.
- Help resolve problems in root cause determination and future prevention strategy and design documentation.
- 4+ years of experience architecting and delivering end-to-end data solutions
- Experience architecting and developing data integration and ETL solutions
- Experience developing and deploying cloud solutions in multiple technologies (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Experience in physical systems administration - (Linux, Unix, Docker, or Kubernetes)
- Experience with code and release management tools (e.g. Git, CI/CD)
- Experience with big data technologies (NoSQL): Snowflake, Hadoop/HDFS, Shell Scripting, Spark, Kafka
- Common Technology Architectures (web server, web scripting languages, mobile applications, multi-tier architectures, big data, AI/ML).
- Experience working at a market research supplier
- Experience in the Travel Industry
Required EducationBachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar field or related work experience
Preferred EducationMaster’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.