Senior Manager, Business DevelopmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 943200BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 13, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Business Development Center of Excellence is located in Orlando, FL, and is responsible for building new Corporate Alliance partnerships – everything from early market research, through ongoing engagement with prospective alliance partners, to internal ideation and stakeholder alignment, and ultimately contract negotiation and signature. As part of this team, you will be the visionary that brings all segments of The Walt Disney Company together to meet our client’s objectives.
Responsibilities:This job is the perfect fit for you, if:
- You want to be part of a dynamic team that represents The Walt Disney Company in business dealings with some of the world’s leading brands (e.g., Coca-Cola, McDonald’s and Chevrolet)
- You are entrepreneurial-minded but can also collaborate well within a large, matrixed organization across domestic and international business units, such as theme parks, media, streaming platforms, studios, and licensing
- You use creative thinking to identify and validate high-value, strategic partnership opportunities
- Your ingenuity and strong business acumen allow you to create partnership structures that deliver compelling, value-add marketing opportunities and solutions for your clients
- You understand the art of building consensus and know that successful partnerships are grounded in trust and mutual respect
- You take pride in developing multi-dimensional partnerships that require extensive diligence and master facilitation and storytelling skills
- You are energized by and draw personal satisfaction from not just securing the new partnerships, but also the development process to get there
- You are comfortable interacting with senior-level and C-suite individuals
- You pride yourself on individual and team development by creating trust and respect through mentorship, clear expectations and timely feedback
- You encourage all aspects of diversity and set a team strategy to inspire and motivate each individual
- Your approach is consultative and you focus on deeply understanding the partner’s business
- You are invigorated when creating something that has never been done before, and charting a new path is seen as motivating, not discouraging
- Integrity, self-awareness and humility are embedded values that you will never compromise
- You appreciate the Disney brand and everything it stands for and will protect it at all times
- You identify different layers of value that may include sourcing, operations, innovation, content and other aspects of the company
- You display a high degree of “social intelligence” in reading people, handling situations and influencing desired outcome
- Minimum 7 years of work experience
- 5 years minimum of contract, negotiation, partnership, and/or business development/product or brand management experience
- 5 years minimum of leadership experience
- Experienced with financial reports, models and analysis
- Master at project management and multi-tasking in a complex organization
- Ability to create a strategic plan along with the proficiency to execute against it and deliver desired outcomes
- Manage ambiguity by being flexible and self-driven, capable of defining what needs to be done and executing against the plan
- Strong ability to develop complex PowerPoint/Keynote presentations
- Experience in negotiating complex, multi-faceted contracts
- Advanced facilitation and influencing skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; storytelling
- Commercial strategy and/or management consulting experience
- Marketing experience
- 3-5 years of international experience
- Experienced negotiation of multi-country contracts
- Interest in international travel
- Familiarity with The Walt Disney Company products and services
- 4-year degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Brand/Product Management, Advertising or Engineering
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.