Senior Manager, Finance, CPGPApply NowApply Later Job ID 901862BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 10, 2022
We are seeking an experienced Senior Finance Manager to join our team. This person will manage the finance support, including financial planning and business development, for North America licensing of Disney classic characters, Disney Channel properties, Disney Live Action properties, and all Disney Baby products. Through partnerships with key stakeholders your work will include financial planning (budget, forecast, and strategic plan), performing strategic and financial analyses, decision support, analyzing new business initiatives and making presentation for senior management. By providing high-quality analysis and financial insights, the senior finance manager plays an integral role in supporting the short-term and long-term financial success of the Licensing and Commercialization business. The individual must be an excellent communicator, comfortable presenting to senior executives and stakeholders across TWDC.
The position will report to the Director, Finance and manages 1 senior financial analyst
Responsibilities:Forecast, Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
- Lead financial planning process of licensing for client group, including annual budget, quarterly forecasts and accruals, and five year strategic plan by coordinating with category, licensee, finance, IT and executives
- Prepare consolidation, summary, presentation decks to provide financial insights for management
- Work with category to identify and evaluate opportunity and risks for client group
- Utilize system tools (Cognos, InVision) to consolidate reports, identify variances and provide supporting analysis to senior management
- Improve operational efficiency by streamlining process and enhancing reporting automation leveraging system tools with IT
- Conduct industry research and track industry trends using a variety of research resources
- Identify and assist in implementation of strategic initiatives in conjunction with franchise /category/ retail management, by performing such analysis as ROI, market sizing, benchmarking, value chain, market deep dive, etc.
- Develop financial models to analyze outcomes of various initiatives to help determine the best approach
- Main finance stakeholder for client group in deal approval and operational initiatives, actively participate in contract negotiation, ensure contracts are aligned with DCP strategic initiatives and maximize value extraction
- Provide analysis and develop recommendation on contract terms for major deal negotiation including RR, MG, CMF, promo, etc.
- Conduct financial modeling to support operational initiatives (including transfer fee, letter of credit, guarantee shortfall, royalty rate change, blitz items, licensee rationalization, etc)
- Coordinate with CMC, legal and credit to drive efficient contract execution and work with accounting to ensure accurate royalty reporting and resolve issues
- Minimum 7+ years of prior experience in finance roles, preferably with a Consumer Goods company, management consultancy, or investment bank
- Proven leadership ability
- Fluency in communicating complex ideas and data sets graphically in an effective way for senior-level executives
- Takes initiative and is a self-starter, with the ability to lead projects from inception
- Superior analytical, financial modeling, and research skills, with high proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent project management skills
- Proactive and adaptive communication style, able to effectively communicate with people from various disciplines, organizations, geographic locations and management levels
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a collaborative team
- Familiarity with working in or with large organizations
- Intellectually curious and able to diplomatically challenge the status quo
- SAP and Cognos experience is a plus
- BS in Finance or related field (Accounting, Economics, etc.)
- MBA preferred
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.