Senior Manager, Finance, Disney PublishingApply NowApply Later Job ID 921497BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 08, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Disney Publishing Worldwide develops original, award-winning Learning and Storytelling content for Disney, Marvel, Lucas and own-created brands, which fuels both DPEP and TWDC. It is considered the largest children’s publishing brand in the world.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Manager of Finance to lead the FP&A and ad hoc analysis functions of the Vertical businesses within Disney Publishing Worldwide.
- Lead planning across key business cycles: Long-Term Strategic Plan, Annual Operating Plan, Monthly Forecasts and Quarter Close
- Drive business performance presentations to Publishing and Consumer Products/DPEP Executive teams
- Oversee all aspects of the P&L, including revenues, costs, and managed operating income
- Collaborate closely with Controllership in understanding cost drivers and balance sheet activities, including inventory management
- Review title/program profitability and NPV analysis in support of greenlighting process
- Provide decision support through value-added analysis, and insights into planning and risk analysis
- Be the key finance partner to Vertical Leadership team across Hyperion, Disney Presses, and Nat Geo
- Identify opportunities and drive ad hoc projects to support business growth strategies
- Oversee implementation of new processes, systems and structures to meet the growing needs of the business
- Build key relationships across lines of business to coordinate best practice sharing and roll-up of financial deliverables for key cycles
- Lead a team of 5, including 3 managers
- Report directly to Director of Finance
- 8+ years of Financial, Planning & Analysis work experience; MBA a plus
- Experience in managing and developing high performance team
- Demonstrate professional excellence, integrity and dependability
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills applying strategic thinking as well as an understanding of execution needs
- Intellectually curious and able to diplomatically challenge the status quo
- Advance proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, COGNOS and SAP
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of balance sheet, income statement and cash flow drivers
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management, including partnering with Senior Executives and be a trusted and reliable source of information, analysis and support
- Able to work autonomously, take directions and inputs from partners locally and remotely
- Willingness to take on initiatives and learn new systems and applications
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.