Senior Manager, Finance, Franchise PlanningApply NowApply Later Job ID 980417BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 05, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Division Finance team is a fast-paced, dynamic team with responsibilities for division-wide financial planning and analysis, including forecasts, annual plan and long range plan; monitoring of division/business unit operating performance; franchise planning and various special projects. The group is also charged with developing presentations and conducting advanced analysis and modeling to help drive strategic business decisions for key franchises such as Mickey Mouse, Disney Princess, Marvel and Star Wars as well as new IP.
The Senior Manager, Finance is responsible for providing analytical support and execution of the global strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting processes. This role also leads ad hoc projects and initiatives.
- Lead and develop a team of two
- Distill key insights utilizing fact based analytics to make key strategic decisions and offer recommendations or actions
- Partner with senior management teams to provide analytical support and modeling for Studio ultimates, long term plan, AOP, forecasts, studio mobilizations and varied ad hoc requests
- Convey important DPEP-wide financial insights and franchise trends to senior management through the creation of periodic reports and presentations
- Liaise with multiple finance teams to address requests and analytics on various franchises and initiatives
- Collaborate with Walt Disney Company Corporate Brand and Franchise Analytics teams to provide consumer products perspective and analysis in support of company-wide brand business planning and analytics
- Drive preparation of key deliverables for Franchise Strategy teams, Investor Relations, Studios, Media Networks and other TWDC groups and segments
- Collaborate with consumer insights and research teams to support strategic decisions and identify franchise opportunities in Consumer Products and across the enterprise
- More than 5 years of robust financial analytic experience in a fast-paced environment
- World-class analytics, problem-solving, data and technical capabilities
- Ability to lead complex projects with minimal direction
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, with great influencing, partnering, and collaboration abilities
- Experience managing processes and projects that involve collaborating with teams across the enterprise
- A passion for problem-solving, process improvement, and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to be decisive and have a high level of comfort with ambiguity
- System agnostic, able to quickly learn and adapt to new systems and tools and ability to integrate and leverage data across disparate sources; Expert Excel and PowerPoint capabilities
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills, able to develop compelling and credible arguments, ability to tailor messages for the audience, articulate and clear
- Possess strong leadership qualities required to lead a team to success
- Experience with analyzing data and creating business models in a consumer-focused company (consumer goods, retail, or entertainment ) a plus
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI)
Preferred Qualifications:Experience in management consulting or data analytics a plus
Required EducationBachelor’s Degree required preferably in a quantitative field (Finance, Economics, Industrial Engineering, Data Analytics/Data Management)
Preferred EducationMBA or Master’s Degree in quantitative field preferred
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.