Senior Manager, Licensing Revenue Management & AnalyticsApply NowApply Later Job ID 916515BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 13, 2022
We are seeking an experienced Senior Manager, Licensing Revenue Management & Analytics to lead a series of finance transformation projects aimed at increasing the data-driven decision making capabilities of the organization. In this newly created role, this person will partner with business, finance, and IT leaders across the organization to design and build tools to leverage newly acquired data and convert into easily digestible dashboards and reports. This person will also be a key member of the team involved in redesigning the forecast system that is leveraged by the global licensing organization. He/she will also lead and/or support some ad hoc projects and initiatives leveraging the insights of the newly acquired data. By providing project management and high-quality, thoughtful insights, the Senior Manager plays an integral role in supporting the short-term and long-term financial success of the Licensing business. The individual must be comfortable working with large data sets and translating them into easily digestible insights, be an excellent communicator (both verbal and through powerpoint presentations), and comfortable presenting to senior executives and stakeholders across TWDC. Reporting to the Director, Finance, this role will lead a team of 1-2 direct reports.
Responsibilities:Revenue Management & Analytics
- Lead a series of finance transformation projects aimed at increasing the data-driven decision making capabilities of the organization
- Creation of KPIs/dashboards (e.g. Tableau) leveraging entire ecosystem of data
- Assess revenue performance (e.g. SKU productivity, forecast accuracy) and identify areas of opportunity (SKU, retailer, licensee)
- Serve as expert user of analytics tools (e.g. Tableau) and provide support and advice to broader finance team
- Monitor industry trends (i.e. media, retail, toys, consumables, softlines, consumer behavior) and interpret the strategic implications for the business
Ad Hoc Projects
- Support the definition and development of new Smart Forecasting system including: redefinition of our process; scope and frequency of forecast; and alternative forecasting models (including use of machine learning and/or AI tools)
- Support the development and reporting of Global KPIs (i.e. region, franchise, product category, revenue / HC)
- Partner with IT to systemize planning process leveraging data from disparate sources
- Develop and share best practices globally
- 7-10 years of Finance experience; specifically in a revenue management role for a sizeable business or highly analytical role
- Consumer Product experience a plus. Prior Consultant roles is also a plus
- Superior analytical, financial modeling, and research skills, with high proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Advanced user of Tableau and/or other data visualization software
- Fluency in communicating complex ideas and data sets graphically in an easily digestible way for senior-level executives
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills
- Takes initiative and is a self-starter, with the ability to lead projects from inception
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a collaborative team
- Familiarity with working in or with large organizations
- Proactive and adaptive communication style, able to effectively communicate with people from various disciplines, organizations, geographic locations and management levels
- Ability to organize and manage projects of varying complexity and length
- Analytical and financial modeling skills applying strategic thinking as well as an understanding of execution needs
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead others in day-to-day assignments and complex projects
- Systems agnostic, able to quickly learn and adapt to new systems and tools; advanced Excel and PowerPoint ability; SAP and Cognos experience is a plus
- BS in Finance or related field (Accounting, Economics, etc.)
- MBA preferred
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.