Senior Manager, Trip Development (Adventures & Expeditions)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 788606BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Chicago, Illinois, United States Business Adventures by Disney Date posted Apr. 30, 2021
This includes RFPs (request for proposal) and required vetting for new suppliers, activities, DMC (Destination Management Company) qualifications, animal programs, Public Affairs and global security. Trips must be completed per all sales launch deadlines. This role is responsible for overseeing all aspects of such while supporting a team in doing so.
All responsibilities apply to the ongoing tweaking, enhancing, and changing of existing trips per business decisions or as needed. This role is specific to Group Land, River Cruise, and Expedition Cruise. However, the role may partner from time to time with other Trip Development peers in the Private Jet and Custom Trip teams.
We ask that you be available for frequent domestic and international travel. In a typical year, travel can be as much as 30% of the time.
You will support and mentor team members and a diverse and inclusive environment and culture.
- Oversee all new trip development for A&E
- Lead team of developers who manage all Trip Development projects as described in summary
- Partner with all internal functional partners
- Develop product in a hands-on manner should the project load of the team require such
- Network within the travel industry
- Work closely with the Director, Trip Development as a strategic thought and execution partner
- Facilitate product overview trainings and presentations
- Minimum 8 years travel industry experience in leadership roles; preferably with tour operators and in trip development
- Proven experience presenting compelling PowerPoint presentations to several teams regarding new product(s)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Vast destination knowledge
- Experience creating itineraries and unique Guest experiences
- Strategic thinker with the ability to navigate large organizations
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time
- Negotiation experience
- Bachelor's Degree
About Adventures by Disney:
Adventures by Disney is a leader in guided group family vacation experiences, offering itineraries to some of the most beautiful places on the planet including China, Australia, South Africa, Peru, England and France, as well as North American adventures in Alaska, the Rockies and more. Adventures by Disney takes families to some of the world’s most sought-after destinations, delivering unmatched guest service by trained adventure guides and local experts, uncompromising attention to detail, and a bit of Disney magic every step of the way. Together, adventure guides and guests embark on adventures that enable them to interact with world cultures in exciting new ways.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABD, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Adventures by Disney.
ABD, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.