Senior Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10015449 Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 23, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Job Summary: The Senior Software Engineer applies practical knowledge of development and engineering to conceive, design, develop, test, and implement software fixes, enhancements, components, and/or new software systems and applications of moderate to high complexity. The Senior Software Engineer owns design and development, and drives development of components through his/her own’ and subordinate engineers’ work. The Senior Engineer provides technical guidance and acts as a point of escalation and technical expert. The Senior Software Engineer designs and develops highly scalable software systems and applications.
- Owns the design and development of software fixes, enhancements, components, and/or new software systems and applications
- Leads programming, testing and debugging of applications or fixes to existing applications
- Participates in setting the architectural direction for software development projects
- Able to code with front-end and back-end technology stacks and lead end-to-end troubleshooting
- Participate in the design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, mobile-first applications, and major SaaS solutions
- Overseeing, influencing and mentoring collaborative project teams, inclusive of on-shore and off-shore development resources, key clients, and other technical groups in the organization
- Working closely with technical and non-technical leaders to strategize on delivery approach and dependency management.
- Strong practice of agile development in a collaborative, dynamic team environment.
- Highly flexible to quickly changing business needs and adoption of new technologies
- Ability to create and follow programming and style guidelines to maintain high-quality, secure code
- Ability to create and maintain documentation, procedures, and work instructions for development or operations team.
- Overseeing the diagnosis of issues, evaluating and recommending the best resolution plan and executing against that plan.
- Adhering to technical development processes, standard and software engineering best practices.
- Perform code reviews on regular basis and establish coding best practices
- Responsible for Release Management, Service Management and build configuration in highly integrated environment while using DevOps tools like Jenkins, Rundeck, Bamboo, uDeploy, UC4, API gateways, AppDynamics and Splunk.
- Minimum of 5 years of Java development experience including Java EE
- Strong background in Computer Science fundamentals
- Working knowledge of object-oriented programming with an understanding of design principles
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience developing RESTful Web Services
- Experience with JSON and/or XML
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience with version control systems like GitHub
- Experience with Cloud technologies like AWS
- Experience with SQL (eg MariaDB) and/or NoSQL Database technologies (eg DynamoDB)
- Experience with Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) like IntelliJ
- Experience writing technical specifications and driving them through development
- Ability to develop and implement high-quality code in a timely manner is essential
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative and fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Working knowledge of micro-services, RESTful Web Services or APIs using Spring boot, JPA, JAXB
- Experience with log monitoring tools like Splunk or Grafana
- Experience with Application performance monitoring tools like AppDynamics, New Relic
- Knowledge of mobile app development
- Knowledge of accessible/accessibility development standards and WCAG guidelines
- Knowledge of server-side scripting language and framework; eg: Zend for PHP
- Content Management System Architecture knowledge a plus
- Experience with SCRUM or other agile development practices
- You read up on and experiment with new technologies just for fun
- Experience with event driven architecture, including technologies such as JMS, RabbitMQ, Kafka, and similar solutions.
- Strong knowledge of unit testing, behavioral testing and continuous integration such as Junit, JBehave, Component test cases.
- Experience with software performance optimization using tools like VisualVM, Parasoft, YourKit
- Experience with caching technologies such as EhCache, JCS Cache and Redis cache frameworks.
- Experience with source control and build deploy tools such as Git, Git Prime, Sonar Jenkins, Maven, CICD, Parasoft.
Soft Skill Requirments
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to work with all members of an extended and diverse, multi-disciplinary project team
- Must be detail-oriented, self-organized, be committed to quality and be capable of tracking multiple issues simultaneously
- Candidate must have mentoring and guidance skills to provide oversight and direction to contractors and internal members
- Ability to handle virtual teams and work with resources in multiple sites (onsite, offshore, near shore)
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to communicate to both technical and business users and the ability to gracefully handle passionate conversations.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.