Sewing Specialist- Full-Time, Walt Disney WorldApply NowApply Later Job ID 1112361BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Sep. 24, 2023
As a Sewing Specialist you will construct and maintain our legendary costumes by stitching them into existence for our Guests' dreams to come true. The Sewing Specialist makes safety their #1 priority.
The pay rate for this role is $17.25.
To be considered for this role you must successfully pass an in person sewing assessment at The Walt Disney World Resort.
- Complete alterations and produce garments according to due dates with exactness
- Maintain a premium quality of work to uphold Disney standards of alterations and garment construction
- Perform minor maintenance on assigned single needle lock stitch sewing machines
- Address concerns in the workspace and know when to escalate and partner with team
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment following standards and procedures while complying with Company guidelines including cleaning, sweeping, and organizing workspace
- Receive training on the use of several tools, industrial machines, and safety procedures
- Cast members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, gloves, etc.) may be required at times
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Operate sewing machines with efficiency
- Work with all types of fabrics, including synthetic and natural fibers, fur, foam, vinyl, and leather
- Understand garment repair and construction instructions
- Comfortable working in areas where performers may be in multiple stages of dress/undress
- Push, pull, lift and carry 20 lbs., including overhead
- Climb ladders, stairs and work in several elevations
- Prolonged standing and walking long distances throughout the duration of shift
- Work for extended periods of high activity
- Flexible scheduling with seven (7) days of full availability including first/second shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime
- Three (3) years of experience in garment construction or repair
- Experience operating home or industrial straight stitch sewing machines
- Experience operating specialized industrial sewing machines including overlock, blind hemmers, cover stitch, etc.
Additional Information:KEYWORD: WDWCasting, Costuming WDW: Walt Disney World Casting Hourly Jobs
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.