Site Reliability Engineer (SRE): Hiring at all levels!
Orlando, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 965790BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 27, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
Job Summary:"We make magic." That's our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you will help inspire that magic by allowing our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Do you want to be part of a team that creates magic for millions of guests? Behind the scenes, the Retail Technology Operations team helps provide magical digital and physical experiences applying the latest technology; and our Site Reliability Engineers provide expert engineering services in the cloud, automation, and reliability to support the innovation and operation of The Walt Disney Company. We are passionate about ensuring our systems provide the best guest experience! You will protect and improve the automation and systems that run Disney's experiences and services with a focus on availability, latency, and automation while embracing a DevOps culture.
Objectives of this Role
- Run the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health
- Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications
- Improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our suite of software solutions
- Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large distributed software applications
Responsibilities:Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding
- Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives
Basic Qualifications:Required Skills and Qualifications
- UNIX/Linux administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, & security
- Strong technical knowledge of digital environment full stack including Mobile, Web, APIs, Messaging, Databases, Networks and their interaction
- Understanding of observability principles (monitoring, logging, tracing, alerting), tools and practices that promote observability
- Ability to program (structured and OO) with one or more high level languages, such as Python, Perl, Ruby, Java, Go, Rust, C/C++
- Skilled in Cloud/PaaS/SaaS Environments (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Compute)
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g.Gitlab, AWS CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, Azure DevOps) (3 years)
- Trouble-shooting skills that span systems, network, and code
- Configuration management and orchestration (e.g. Terraform, Cloud Formation, Ansible, Chef)
- Experience with container technologies (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes)
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or other highly technical, scientific discipline) or related work experience.
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.