Social Responsibility ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 962021BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 01, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Disney’s Social Responsibility team looks after our company’s commitment to be among the most admired companies in the world – equally admired for the integrity of our people, as we are for the quality of our exceptional entertainment experiences.
The Social Responsibility team for Disney’s Consumer Products, Games, and Publishing (CPGP) division supports the company’s mission to conduct our business and create our products in an ethical manner while bringing the magic of Disney storytelling into the daily lives of families and fans around the world. We promote environmental stewardship, community engagement and philanthropy to inspire kids and families to create a brighter tomorrow.
The purpose of the Social Responsibility Manager, is to support and contribute to the segment’s charitable giving, cause marketing and pro-social campaigns, voluntEAR projects and related employee engagement programs. The Social Responsibility Manager, will help ideate and execute charitable programs tied to CPGP products and experiences that deliver measurable impact on our brand, business and society.
Support the division’s ongoing charitable giving activities
- Act as first point of contact for inquiries about business and licensee donations
- Evaluate charities and donation requests using Disney charitable giving guidelines and other company tools
- Manage product donation requests and coordinate donation of business inventory
- Process donations through charitable management system
- Support grant making process, including tracking against company goal of providing >50% of funding to support underserved communities
Coordinate employee events and communications
- Manage content development for internal communications
- Act as resource for company giving programs, including connecting CPGP business groups to voluntEAR activities
- Work with internal communications team to create and distribute social responsibility-related communications
- Project manage on-campus CSR events and campaigns
- Coordinate VoluntEAR programs including virtual and in-person opportunities
Support ideation and implementation of cause marketing campaigns
- Assist with development of cause marketing program concepts
- Research causes and charities
- Provide project management for cause marketing campaigns
- Review third party cause marketing campaign proposals and communications
- 5+ years of experience in philanthropy, cause marketing, communications, or non-profit management
- Some experience with volunteer management and/or employee engagement programs
- Advanced presentation skills with Keynote and Powerpoint
- Experienced with MS Office Suite including Excel and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated and independent
- Effective relationship building skills with key stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience working under pressure with the ability to adjust priorities as needed
- Positive attitude and creative problem solver
- Attention to detail and thoughtful approach to work
- Strong understanding of retail environments and product licensing process
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MBA or Master’s Degree
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.