Software Engineer - ServicesApply NowApply Later Job ID 974410BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 13, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- Showcase high enthusiasm, integrity, creativity, results-orientation.
- Work in an Agile environment with detailed planning and estimation accuracy
- Review User Stories partnering with Product Team
- Design Technical Specifications collaborating with Technical Leads and Architects
- Design and Build new software features, services distributed systems with efficiency and stability in mind.
- Java experience
- Experience with AWS Suite (Service Management and Deployments, EC2 and ECS Containers, Elastic Search Caching, Lambdas, DynamoDB, MariaDB/MySQL, Kinesis, Developer Tools)
- Experience with jUnit Testing (Familiarity with jUnit 5 Preferred)
- Familiarity with Firebase Test Lab, Sauce Labs Test Cloud
- Experience with GitLab, GitHub, AWS Fargate
- 2+ years' experience in Software Development
- Thrive within a fast-paced software application delivery and product launch environment.
- Knowledge of Computer Science
- Hands On Knowledge on Design Patterns - Great understanding in the following design patterns: Singleton, Factory, Observer, Builder, Adapter, Publisher/Subscriber, Decorator.
- Hands On Knowledge on Data Structures - Familiarity/Confident using Lists, Sets, Maps, Linked Lists, Queues, Stacks. Preferred familiar with BST, Red-Black Trees, Trees, Graphs.
- Hands-on Knowledge of Algorithms -, you need to be able to solve coding problems in whiteboard. Big O notation, time and space complexity of the algorithms.
- 2+ years' Experience on Full Stack Development (Service and UI or Web UI and iOS or Web UI and Android)
Required Education2+ years of previous work experience or B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or similar degree
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.