Orlando, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 784046BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 29, 2021
Job Summary:As a Software Engineer on the Resort Technology team you will be creating innovative solutions by developing and implementing applications, and being part of a team of developers implementing technology products and applications for Walt Disney theme parks globally. As an Engineer, you will be responsible for helping plan and oversee development activities being executed by both internal and vendor development resources. The Agile delivery methodology will be the predominate working model for this team. The Tech role will be regularly expected to participate in meetings, interface laterally with technology and line of business stakeholders, and assumes the main responsibility of release qualitied initiatives steering the technical work of developers / engineers working on assigned projects.
The Tech is a hands-on software engineer who will:
- Work closely with product managers and story owners to design features and prioritize tasks.
- Assemble releases and drive improvements in the delivery and release processes.
- Designs and develops highly scalable software systems and applications in a designated functional foc area(s).
- Help with recruiting and selection of technical resources.
- And – write code.
Executes assigned component level software development and fixes using new or existing technologies.
- Participates in developingspecifications for assigned components, projects, and fixes.
- Providing technical direction and evaluating the quality of deliverables from vendors.
- Working closely with technical and non-technical leaders to strategize on delivery approach and dependency management.
- Participating in the design process of new features and enhancements to the software platform.
- Working independently and delivering on agreed upon timelines.
- Overseeing the diagnosis of issues, evaluating and recommending the best resolution plan and executing against that plan.
- Working closely with the QA, project management and business teams on solution implementation.
- Adhering to technical development processes, standard and software engineering best practices.
- Ensuring a process orientation across the technical/project team, being able to develop, implement and improve processes.
- Managing scrum sessions, and executing sprint planning, sprint retrospective and sprint demos.
- Providing solid facilitation, problem solving skills and able to focus both strategically and tactically to achieve project goals.
- Identifying, mitigating or appropriately escalating delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes to development projects.
Basic Qualifications:EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A minimum of 3 years of software development experience
- Experience collecting, reviewing and updating requirements and/or user stories
- Experience writing technical documentation and providing engineering deliverables
- Experience with SCRUM and other Agile development practices.
- Has solid understanding of the software development life cycle SDLC (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and associated execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Iterative Development, etc.).
- Disciplined approach to software development. Including defining and enforcing engineering best practices.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals.
- Java/J2EE and ASP.NET development skills, among other mainstream programming languages, with a proven record of creating commercial quality software solutions
- HTML and CSS experience to be able to utilize a subscribed by Reference Architecture
- Strong knowledge of unit testing, behavioral testing and continuous integration
- Proven ability to work with all members of an extended and diverse project team
- Must be detail-oriented, self-organized, be committed to quality and be capable of tracking multiple issues simultaneously
- Candidate must have mentoring and guidance skills to provide oversight and direction to contractors and internal members of the software development team
- Ability to handle virtual teams and work with resources in multiple sites (onsite, offshore, near shore)
- Excellent time management skills
- Support on-call response to critical operational issues; be able to work beyond normal hours and support implementation transition activities and hyper-care shifts as needed
- Scrum Master certification or similar Agile and/or SDLC certifications are a plus
- Experience with QA and software analytic tools is a plus
- A thorough understanding and passion for Agile principles
- Experience with User Interfaces and/or SOA concepts is also desired
- Understanding of the Resort operations domain is a plus
- Undergraduate degree in a technology related field (i.e. Computer Science, Information Systems, mathematics, engineering or other scientific or technology discipline) and/or equivalent work experience in the computer sciences and/or IT field.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.