Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10017826 Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 31, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Walt Disney Company connects with audiences around the world through the power of unparalleled storytelling, iconic brands, and innovative technologies. Behind the scenes, the Enterprise Technology organization drives our competitive advantage by enhancing consumer experiences, reimagining the digital employee experience, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
As a Software Engineer within Enterprise Technology’s Custom Applications group, you will be part of an agile delivery team working on products for a variety of businesses and brands across The Walt Disney Company, including Disney Parks, Studios, ESPN, National Geographic, and more. You will bring your expertise in modern programming languages, libraries, and frameworks to analyze, design, code, test, debug, and modify highly scalable software used in commercial, internal, and end-user applications.
This role is the perfect opportunity for a Software Engineer that has experience delivering software as part of a cross functional scrum team and is seeking to build their skills, portfolio, and network within the world’s premier entertainment company.
It is a hybrid role with offices in Orlando, Florida, providing you the flexible scheduling to work both remotely and on-site to stay connected to the magic.
- Work closely with stakeholders, product managers, agile specialists, solutions architects, designers, test engineers, and other software engineers as part of a scrum team to scope, architect, implement, test, and deliver software solutions according to requirements/specifications.
- Execute hands-on, full-stack software development using professional, enterprise class software development tools and workflows.
- Perform peer and vendor code reviews for compliance, security, performance, and best practices.
- Triage technical issues and coordinate mitigation/remediation with impacted business and technical partners.
- Analyze/audit existing applications to identify code, platform, or capability gaps and provide recommendations to product teams.
- Create and maintain technical documentation on products, processes, features, and solutions.
- Build working relationships with technology teams across the enterprise to identify opportunities and potential impacts.
- Passionate about software quality, innovation, and iteration.
- 3+ years of professional development experience with modern web frameworks, languages, and libraries. These include Ruby on Rails, Python, Vue, React/Angular, NodeJS, Laravel, WordPress, PHP, HTML, SASS, or JSON.
- Fluency with enterprise class software development tools and workflows, including virtualization (Docker), CI/CD, version control (GitHub, GitLab) and ticketing systems (ServiceNow, Jira).
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development.
- Experience with RESTful web services and REST APIs.
- Experience with AWS.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts for non-technical stakeholders and derive technical solutions from non-technical business needs.
- Flexible, organized, and motivated to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Passion for the legacy, brands, and offerings of The Walt Disney Company.
- Subject matter expert on digital accessibility and disability inclusion, including WCAG, WAI-ARIA, Title III of the ADA, and accessibility testing within the development process.
- Familiarity with UX concepts and workflows to transform design prototypes into standards-compliant, accessible solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or related field.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.