Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10070559 Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Dec. 06, 2023
“We Power the Magic!” That’s our motto at Disney Experiences. Our team creates world-class immersive digital experiences for the Company’s premier vacation brands including Disney’s Parks & Resorts worldwide, Disney Cruise Line, Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, and Disney Vacation Club.
We are responsible for the end-to-end digital and physical Guest experience for all technology & digital-led initiatives across the Attractions & Entertainment, Food & Beverage, Resorts & Transportation and Merchandise lines of business as well as other initiatives including MyDisneyExperience and Hey, Disney!
The Software Engineer applies practical knowledge of development and engineering to conceive, design, develop, test, and implement software fixes, improvements, components, and/or new software systems and applications of moderate complexity. The Software Engineer focuses on coding at the component level and works under minimal direction. The Software Engineer designs and develops highly scalable software systems and applications in a designated functional focus area(s).
- Complete assigned component level software development and fixes using new or existing technologies
- Participates in developing specifications for assigned components, projects or fixes
- Writes code, completes programming, writes tests, performs testing and debugs code
- Follows established protocols for installation and maintenance and completes documentation
- Develops, runs, builds and maintains the technical components related to server-side and web service-based solutions
- Develops an understanding of the front-end technology stack and is able to assist with end-to-end solving
- Interacts and coordinates work with other technical groups in the organization
- Reviews or solves problems and performs testing
- Participates in conceiving and setting the architectural direction for web development projects
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar field or related work experience
- 3+ years of progressively related experience in coding and development of highly scalable, high-volume software components, and/or client-facing web applications
- Knowledge of object-oriented design principles, design patterns, coding standard methodologies, database applications, and web application development
Significant knowledge/experience in relevant technologies:
- Web Services (SOAP & REST)
- CS Fundamentals
- Development Tools
- Message Queues
- XML DTDs
- HTTP Protocol
- AWS – Lambda, SQS, S3, API Gateway, CloudWatch
- Solid understanding of micro-services
- RESTful Web Services or APIs using Spring boot, Spring Cloud Function, JPA, JAXB
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.