Software Engineering Intern (Telecommunications)- Fall 2020
Orlando, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 738402BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 14/01/2020
Job Summary:The Travel Operations Telecom team in Orlando, Florida supports dozens of call center locations worldwide. The team is responsible for maintaining and enhancing telephony infrastructure as well as integrating with technology partners for services such as call monitoring, survey, and agent desktop integration. The team works closely with both technology partners and business clients to drive business success.
This position will work closely with the Telecommunications Business Analyst to identify opportunities for and then build enhancement and automation products for use by the Telecom team and their partners. As a team of two, they will develop and maintain the suite of tools and applications that support the team and clients and provide Tier 2+ support.
- Work on a variety of constantly changing and emerging projects to reduce process time and improve work accuracy
- Learn about different teams, functions, and locations, which will help them to understand the complex operation of supporting domestic and international contact centers.
- Participate in all aspects of the product lifecycle, from gathering requirements, to implementing new solutions, to long-term sustainment.
- Work with many different cultures and skill levels to implement and troubleshoot various technology solutions.
- Work with common server-side technologies such as C#, Node.js, and Windows PowerShell to build and maintain server-side applications such as Web Services, Windows Services, and data loaders.
- Experience in UI design for non-technical users
- Experience with consuming 3rd-party web APIs (SOAP/REST)
- Experience with Microsoft Office and proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with using Relational Databases and SQL
- Familiarity with requirements gathering and documentation
- Experience with ServiceNow and/or SharePoint REST APIs
- Experience with backend development in C# or Node.js
- Experience with designing and implementing HTTP APIs to be consumed by others
- Experience with Version Control Systems (Git, SVN, Mercurial, Team Foundation Server) [Git/GitHub preferred]
- Experience with designing and implementing Relational Databases
Required EducationCurrently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program degree at an accredited 4-year college or university as a Sophomore, Junior, or Senior studying Computer Science, Web Design/Development, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related program.
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
•Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall), or have graduated within the last 6 months prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
•Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
•Must possess unrestricted work authorization
•Must provide full work availability
•Must provide own transportation to/from work
•Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2019 to Jan 2020.
Interns must be available to work full-time for the duration of the internship.
A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Parks, Experiences and Products, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.