Software Project Mgr
Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 864754BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Sep. 25, 2021
Job Summary:“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
The Project Manager within the WDI Tech Studio team leads engineers to streamline delivery, improve quality and reduce costs of support for our applications. When we do our job correctly we make it easier to deliver high quality applications to our guests and cast members. A Project Manager is expected to lead projects, manage budgets and drive change.
Willingness to learn and help improve our organization is essential for success on this team because we touch many different project threads and need to coordinate across large teams.
- Track budgets of projects and ensure < 5% variance
- Manage issues/escalations within your team and across teams to ensure work continues to flow efficiently
- Being receptive to feedback and ways to improve are essential
- Ensure the solutions you develop are valuable and being leveraged by the organization
- Ensure deliverables across engineering teams are of high quality and clearly documented
- Challenge the status quo through intellectual curiosity and natural inquisitiveness to look beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities backed with factual arguments.
- Be able to lead and work collaboratively with local and remote team members
- Have ownership over your project and provide appropriate status to leadership on progress and key decisions. Provide thought leadership, problem solving and analytical skills to solve hard to solve production issues impeding the availability & performance of applications
- 5+ years experience in technology project management
- Experience in video game production and delivery
- Experience with tools to manage projects like Jira, Version One, Spreadsheets, Presentations, Google Drive, Clarity Excellent communication and relationship skills, especially the ability to articulate advanced technical topics to both technical and non-technical staff; ability to articulate business issues/concerns with staff, peers, superiors, and outside parties
- Experience with Agile Ceremonies such as: Retrospectives, Spring Planning, Backlog Grooming and Estimation Sessions.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrates expertise and leadership in working with product management, development and operations staff to architect innovative solutions that meet the functional and nonfunctional requirements in adherence to architectural goals and principles.
- Demonstrates expertise in research, often going outside of their area of individual experience. Able to synthesize conclusions from research, compare various solutions and plot complex technology roadmaps
- Ability to develop and update processes to accomplish repeatable, quality deliverables.
- Broad experience across business, application, information, infrastructure and security architecture domains. Broad experience across business analysis, product design, engineering, QA, operations and sustainment in a large corporation / enterprise environment.
- Desire and ability to adapt to an ever changing technology landscape by exploring new languages and techniques for software delivery.
- Passion for learning new things but tempering it with adding value to the company.
- Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to contribute to, and balance delivery against, multiple projects/demands simultaneously.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent degree/experience) required
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.