Software Quality Engineering Program Lead
Orlando, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 837198BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 11, 2021
Job Summary:Do you want to be a part of a team that creates magic for millions of guests across all of the Disney brands? Behind the scenes, the Enterprise Technology team helps deliver magical digital experiences leveraging the latest technology; and our teams provide expert engineering services building critical core platforms and systems to support the innovation and operation of The Walt Disney Company.
To be successful in this role as the Lead Quality engineer, you will work closely with the lead for software best practices, engineering delivery leaders and other technology stakeholders to define and implement the practices for the Quality Engineering function across the organization.
Teams are located in Orlando, Seattle and Burbank/Glendale.
Responsibilities:This role is responsible for the implementation, improvement, and success of reporting against overall quality programs. The ideal candidate should be a seasoned QE Lead with a mix of QA, Project Management and Stakeholder Management skills. This role will focus on providing overall definition and implementation of quality engineering best practices, and lead implementation of those practices across the programs and projects within the enterprise tech portfolio. It will emphasize soft skills, negotiation and persuasion, and a consultative mindset that will monitor the QA implementation, and bring the appropriate combination of solutions, program management, and deliverable management to the stakeholders.
- Lead the development and implementation of QE best practices
- Consult and implement right-fit test automation approach
- Consult on Agile testing and test automation (accelerators, tools and partner's products)
- Lead Implementation of solutions for test automation, CI/CD, DevOps and more
- Performing ongoing assessments of QA capabilities vs organizational gaps; presenting pilots, POCs, and implementation plans of the same
- Work with stakeholders to track and transform QA, maintaining its agility and flexibility to needs
- Partner with the QE and delivery best practices team to develop measurement processes/systems to measure velocity, value, and quality.
- Participate in the selection and/or design of new tools or automation.
- Report, classify, and perform trend analysis on test metrics.
- Articulate risk areas and key accomplishments on an ongoing basis
- 5+ years of experience in Quality Engineering and test automation
- Strong experience and thought leader in Quality Engineering developing and implementing best testing practices
- Strong experience in using a metrics driven analytic approach to measuring quality
- Strong knowledge of test automation tools and frameworks
- Knowledge of service standards and technologies such as XML, JSON, REST and Maven
- Strong knowledge of tools such as GitLab, Jira and Postman
- Ability to interact with developers and technology leaders at a technical level
- Must be able to work with a geographically dispersed team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative and fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.