Sourcing SpecialistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 926542BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 05/05/2022
The Sourcing Specialist will be part of a global team whose mission is to successfully execute Strategic Sourcing engagements and planning activities to support the Furniture, Fixture and Equipment category within our Parks and Resorts. The Sourcing Specialist will be accountable as a team member as well as a lead on projects involving the sourcing and contracting of Furniture and Fixtures as well as Operating Supplies and Equipment. The Sourcing Specialist will be expected to leverage cross-functional teams to successfully execute strategic sourcing initiatives that contribute to meeting individual and team operational and financial goals and objectives.
- Understand and assist in the development and execution of suppliers, manage their performance and the overall relationship with a focus on quality, service, financial benefit and innovation.
- Evaluate total cost/supply analyses to identify opportunities to achieve optimal financial benefit beginning with the RFP process.
- Work closely with stakeholders to establish standards, find efficiencies and consistently add value.
- Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations following pre-defined Strategic Sourcing methodology.
- Evaluate supplier fit based on pre-determined selection criteria incorporating diverse suppliers as applicable.
- Ensure compliance with Strategic Sourcing policies, procedures and best practices.
- Routinely assess market conditions and develop sourcing strategies that maximize value to the Company.
- Participate on cross-functional sourcing projects and initiatives that meet internal client’s requirements.
- Contribute to profitability, drive innovation and follow procedures in protecting the company brand and IP.
- Work with Stakeholders and Suppliers to resolve warranty claims throughout products’ lifecycles.
- Participate in professional development activities such as data and project presentations.
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics at all times and in all instances.
- 3+ years’ experience sourcing a broad array of products, preferably Furniture Fixtures and Equipment or Operating Supplies and Equipment.
- Ability/desire to work in diverse environment
- Experiences with SAP or other ERP
- Knowledge of Sourcing & Procurement processes
- 4-Year degree in Business or other quantitative discipline
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.