Sr Cloud Infrastructure EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 988487BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 13, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The APS team is seeking an infrastructure engineer who has experience with application deployments. As part of our team, you will be responsible for supporting current infrastructure, designing future infrastructure architectures, and supporting the development and implementation of advanced analytic systems for one or more business segments. This role will require a strong computing background, a systems mindset, excellent analytical skills, and the ability to deliver creative solutions to complex problems. This is an exciting role delivering advanced technology solutions across many different business segments.
Candidates should have a natural curiosity to understand the "why" behind business performance, take a proactive role in problem-solving, be results oriented, be able to prioritize and be a team player in a collaborative environment.
- Manage AWS cloud computing environment, including compute, data, security, and other features.
- Recommend and provision infrastructure, as well as troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Assist with developing custom analytic web applications that solve complex business problems
- Partner with developers to deploy and operationalize custom analytic applications
- Partner with Decision Science team to integrate data science advancements into end-to-end solutions
- Partner with Data Engineering team to establish scalable, efficient, and automated data processes
- Background in multiple disciplines including cloud infrastructure, system administration, security, and software engineering
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing cloud computing environments (AWS preferred)
- Experience with Serverless Strategies and container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with production infrastructure, including deployment, logging, monitoring, and similar
- Strong Linux administration skills
- Proficiency with DevOps, configuration management, and/or orchestration tooling (GitLab, CI/CD, Airflow)
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL, MariaDB, or PostgreSQL
- Experience working with complex and large volumes of data and the impacts on infrastructure
- Willingness and ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a strong team environment
- Self-motivated to drive projects forward and balance multiple priorities to enable users of our platforms
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business demands
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact cross-functionally with both technical and non-technical teams
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate or Professional)
- Experience developing web based applications with Python
- Experience automating manual processes
- Experience with KPIs and dashboards
- Understanding of data science concepts
- Experience with integrating data science and data analytic driven solutions
- Experience with Snowflake cloud data warehouse
- Experience with non-relational, NoSQL, and semi-structured databases
- Experience with Django, Nginx, ReactJS or related technologies
- Experience with AWS Lambda
- Experience with cloud monitoring software (New Relic, Datadog, Nagios, CloudWatch, etc.)
- Experience with Networking Concepts and technologies
- Experience with creating Application and/or Network Architecture Diagrams
- Experience with media networks and industry
- Familiarity with other emerging technologies and tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, and related field, or equivalent experience.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.