Sr Financial Reporting AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 909166BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Dec. 28, 2021
This Senior Financial Reporting Analyst supports the Inventory Reporting Team. This position plays an integral role in Financial Reporting’s recurring financial close process by providing support in the areas of journal entry preparation and review, G/L accounts reconciliation preparation, and analyses of inventory accounts and variances. The role will also play an instrumental role in implementing/updating various inventory systems.
- Partner with Financial Systems, Finance, and Business Operations to ensure that system transactions are properly recorded both in the source system and in the Financials (includes troubleshooting and diagnostics)
- Actively supports inventory system implementations, upgrades, and enhancements from design to testing and implementation.
- Completes monthly/quarterly close processes by preparing Inventory Balance Sheet analysis for Segment and Corporate executives (Cause of Change, Variance Explanations, etc)
- Processes journal entries, prepares/reviews account reconciliations and assists with ad-hoc reporting requests and/or projects related to the balance sheet
- Embrace change, identify and champion opportunities for system/process improvements
- Assist with interim and year end PwC/Management audits
- Ensures compliance with Corporate Accounting Policy, GAAP and SOX guidelines as well as various control and compliance procedures, including but not limited to: account reconciliations, journal entries, MCS questionnaires and legal entity reporting
- Acts as a team lead, coach and mentor for other team members
- Become a strategic thought partner/subject matter expert for inventory financial accounting and processes.
- Translate data into sound business recommendations that enable the LOBs to make nimble, actionable decisions.
- Minimum 3-5 years accounting experience
- Ability to plan and prioritize work and handle multiple priorities and competing deliverables
- Strong knowledge of general accounting, internal controls and close process (GAAP/Accounting Principles)
- Ability to prepare and present information to support decision making
- Strong analytical and writing skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization (verbal and written)
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong working knowledge of PC-based software applications, including Microsoft Office
- Experience working on business intelligence/data warehousing and reporting systems (i.e., Tableau, Business Object Analysis, Power BI MS Sql report builder or similar)
- Project Management skills to participate effectively or manage local initiatives
- Demonstrated experience partnering with key stakeholders
- Leadership ability to provide direction/ coaching and mentoring for other team members
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule
- Ability to perform well in a fast paced environment
- Identifies process improvement opportunities and provides solutions
- Core fundamental knowledge required to assess reasonableness of business partners variance explanations
- Ability to lead larger projects, including identify risks and dependencies and escalate issues to leaders when appropriate
Required EducationBachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Master of Accountancy or MBA
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.