Sr Financial Reporting AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 913881BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 13, 2022
Responsibilities:The Senior Financial Reporting Analyst is an integral part of the Disney Cruise Line (DCL) Financial Reporting team. This position holds responsibility for maintaining compliance with DCL’s legal and tax structure and for acting as a liaison for multiple statutory audits. The DCL Financial Reporting team maintains strong collaborative relationships with the DCL Finance team and the DPEP Segment Financial Reporting team. The Sr Financial Reporting Analyst assists with preparation of the following:
- Quarterly balance sheet package with variance analysis
- Quarterly income statement and other support deliverables to Segment Financial Reporting
- Monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- External audit requests
- Financial systems testing
- Provide Sarbanes-Oxley leadership in compliance and testing
- Minimum 2-3 years accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of general accounting, internal controls and close processes
- Ability to prepare and present information to support decision making
- Strong analytical and writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- Strong working knowledge of PC-based software applications, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to adapt quickly, work independently, take ownership, and work in a flexible team environment
- Ability to plan and prioritize work and handle multiple priorities
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Identifies process improvement opportunities and provides solutions
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule
- Ability to perform well in a fast paced environment
- Experience with a public accounting firm preferred
- Cruise industry experience
- CPA preferred
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting or Finance
Preferred EducationMaster of Accountancy or MBA
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.