Sr Full Stack Engineer (Angular/Java)
Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 819923BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 11, 2021
Job Summary:As a Senior Full Stack Engineer for Disney Cruise Line, you will be creating innovative solutions by developing and implementing web applications to enhance our guest experience. As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will be responsible for helping estimate, plan and oversee development activities being executed by both internal and vendor development resources. The Agile delivery methodology will be the predominate working model for this team. The Senior Software Engineer will be regularly expected to lead technical meetings, interface laterally with senior technology and line of business stakeholders, and assumes the main responsibility for the technical solution and steering the technical work of developers / engineers working on assigned projects.
The position is a hands-on senior software engineer who will:
- Work closely with product managers and story owners to design features and prioritize tasks
- Lead technical teams by mentoring and coaching, answering questions and solving problems
- Assemble releases and drive improvements in the delivery and release processes
- Help with recruiting and selection of technical resources
- And – write code
Note: This position will be located in Florida and does not offer remote work flexibility
- Owns the design and development of software fixes, enhancements, components, and/or new software systems and applications
- Lead design, code reviews, and assist software architects
- Mentor junior engineers and teach them our engineering methods
- Solve problems by collaborating across multiple teams, from product to design
- Recommends improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team
- Write code as needed
- Five to eight years of developing web applications for enterprise or consumer use
- Experience working in an Agile Team consisting of product, design, QA and development
Preferred Qualifications:Significant knowledge/experience in relevant technologies, such as:
- Proficient knowledge in Java
- Strong knowledge in HTML5, CSS3
- Proficient knowledge in Database (MongoDB/MySQL)
- Experience in Node JS
SOFT SKILLS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. The position requires frequent communication with senior leaders, technical colleagues and partners across several different geographic locations and time zones
- Proven ability to work with all members of an extended and diverse project team
- Must be detail-oriented, self-organized, be committed to quality and be capable of tracking multiple issues simultaneously
- Candidate must have mentoring and guidance skills to provide oversight and direction to contractors and internal members of the software development team
- Ability to handle virtual teams and work with resources in multiple sites (onsite, offshore, near shore)
- Excellent time management skills
- Support on-call response to critical operational issues; be able to work beyond normal hours and support implementation transition activities and hyper-care shifts as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field or related work experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.