Sr. Information Management Engineer (Big Data)
Orlando, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 744912BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 06, 2020
Job Summary:Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts to apps, books, console games and much more. The business is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, leading retail and e-commerce businesses – Disney store and shopDisney.com – as well as renowned artists, storytellers and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
As Senior Information Management Engineer, you will design and develop custom batch-oriented and real-time streaming data pipelines working within the Hadoop ecosystem, creating new data workloads/applications and also migrating applications from On-Premise Ecosystem to Cloud Data lakes. You will implement, troubleshoots, and optimizes distributed solutions based on modern big data technologies like Hive, Hadoop, Spark, Elastic Search, Kafka, etc. to solve large scale processing problems in a Cloud cluster environment. Ensure proper data governance policies are followed by implementing defining project specific quality checks, classification, etc. Apply technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems. Strong communication, interpersonal and teaming skills, including the ability to work effectively in an agile / scrum environment. Demonstrated interest and ability to quickly learn new.
- Design, development, and support of enterprise-wide business intelligence applications and architecture for the most complex initiatives.
- Provide technical guidance and oversight and acts as a point of escalation for the big data engineering team.
- Develops reusable patterns and frameworks as part of the engineering process.
- ML and automation capability within projects
- Works with the business to optimize the performance of business intelligence technologies.
- Creates scalable, efficient, automated processes to enhance the performance of business intelligence tools
- Identifies best practices and standards that can be implemented to improve the performance of the BI & Analytics team.
- 5 or more years of relevant experience.
- Expertise in big data Hadoop ecosystem
- Ability to perform across multiple phases of development for multiple complex projects, including coding, technical design, and end-to-end testing.
- Strong understanding and experience in areas of:
- Python, Spark, Kafka, NiFi
- Developing Big Data, Cloud and Analytics applications
- Relational and No-SQL databases
- Data analysis
- Experience with analytics tools (such as Tableau).
- Machine Learning skills using Python is a plus
- Expert skills in data analysis and data mining.
- Experience with project testing, implementation, and deployment activities across multiple, cross-functional teams.
- Hadoop Certification
- AWS Certification
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Parks, Experiences and Products, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.